Prologue

Narrative

It was just an ordinary day in district 12. The birds chirping in the trees surrounding the district, the residents of 12 doing their daily duties, children just sitting at the front of their houses staying very quiet and some parents putting up the laundry onto their clothes lines.

"Mother, where is Astrid?" Alissa asks her mother and she turns around from doing the laundry.

"I don't know Alissa, she has probably gone hunting with Jack," Alice, Astrid's mother says to her youngest daughter.

"I just wanted to talk to her, about our sister mum..." Alissa said and her mother looked at her upset.

"What do you want to know about Alex?"

"W-Well... how did she die in the hunger games?" Alissa asked.

"Well, she was in the top 5 people in the hunger games when you were 10, but she died because a boy from district 3 had found her in woods walking and well... he stabbed her in the back then let her bleed to death." Alice said.

"Do you reckon one of us will get picked again?" Alissa asked.

"Probably..." Astrid said while walking in holding a rabbit in her hands.

"Astrid!" Alissa yells happily.

"Yep, that's my name, now mum just remember that the reaping is in 2 days and if anyone of us is chosen you will not cry, you will stand there with pride and you can show fear, but no tears, just no tears," Astrid says to her mother while putting down the dead flesh on the table.

"Alright..."

"No! I am being serious here! We don't know if it will be Alissa or myself. You can't be depressed again, especially after Alex died from the games!" Astrid hisses and Alice looks at her daughter frightened.

"Astrid-"

"Don't Astrid me, you are to be brave!!" Astrid screams which makes Alissa's eyes widen.

"Y-Yes..." Alice says and Astrid goes back to the table to the dead flesh and she goes to the kitchen towards the table and she starts to cut up the rabbit.

"Asty," Alissa said.

"Yeah Alissa?"

"Why did you say that to mum?"

"You will find out very soon.... Very soon...."

--------------------------

Hello fans! I am officially doing another fan fiction. I am sorry if my prologues are small, but the chapters are way bigger. So please enjoy the chapters!

Foreverhttyd.