Chapter 1

Astrid
"You find out soon..... Very soon..." I said to Alissa.

"Alright then," Alissa says, then walks away back to our mum.

Well, a few moments ago I talked to mother like that, since my big sister Alex died two years ago from 'The Hunger Games' and who knows, Alissa and I could be picked to play in hell... That's the reason why mum has been depressed because of Alex.

But what is The Hunger Games you ask? Well, The Hunger Games happens once a year, a girl and a boy tribute are chosen from every district and they go into an arena to fight to the death until the last person is standing and they win victorious.

You're probably thinking "That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard!" But it's actually to stop the rebellion in the districts of Panem.

But also I have another fact about the Rebellion...

Us human kind nearly went extinct years ago.... Yep! That's a true fact! We had a war and went too far, so the Capitol decided to make The Hunger Games.

"Astrid!" Mum, yells from outside of the house.

"Yes, mother?" I yell back as I continue to cut up the rabbit.

"Can you go down to the markets and get some stuff for me?" Mum asks.

"Yeah I can do that! Make sure you have a lift for me and also as usual I'm going hunting to find animals for tea."

"Alright, Astrid! Thank you!!" Mum yells and I continue doing the rabbit.

A few minutes later...

"Finally, I finished..." I say to myself as I sit the meat on a plate and the access meat in the bin. I still can't believe that in 3 days 2 people are going to be picked for The Hunger Games and once again just watch them be killed....

"Mother, do you want me to cook tonight or do you want to?" I asked.

"I want you to cook tonight Astrid, you are a better cook than me." Mother said and I have a chuckle.

"Thank you mother and of course I can," I say and mother smiles, then walks over to the dining room table to set up the cutlery. Out of the three of us, I am the one who does mostly everything, hunting, cleaning, cooking and buying things from the black markets.

"Astrid, I am so scared, I don't want to be picked to play The Hunger Games." Alissa said.

"It's a 1% chance Alissa, you know that. You only have one chance to get picked because it is your first time being on the list." I said.

"Do you reckon?" Alissa asks.

"Yes, now go sit at the table, because I am going to cook dinner," I said and she goes over to the dining room table and she waits for her dinner.

The thing is, this is my usual routine, wake up early in the morning, get dressed, meet Jack at the edge of the forest out of district 12, go hunting, bring back something for tea and help my family out with the daily chores.

"So, how was your day?" Mother asks as I continue to cook dinner.

"It was alright, it's just the usual." I said while I keep watching the rabbit cooking.

"Well, I was wondering if you could maybe try and get some deer tomorrow if you can find one in the forest."

"I haven't seen one in months," I said.

"Well, just try." Mother says and I take the rabbit off the stove and onto three plates.

"Alright then, but if I don't bring anything home, don't be disappointed." I say and I pass the plates out containing the dinner and Alissa just digs into it which makes me laugh quietly.

"Someone is starving." I said as I sit down and I start eating the rabbit and mum smiles to watch my little sister continues to eat.

"She does like it," She said to me, chuckling and I look at her eating like a pig.

----------------

A brand new update my friends! I will be updating heaps tomorrow because after my exam in the morning I have nothing to do!

Foreverhttyd.