Chapter 5

The Next day...

Narrative

Everything was silent, no birds were chirping this morning, everyone was silent in their houses getting ready for the reaping. Finding out which 2 children or teenagers would be picked to go into the 74th hunger games.

"Today is the day..." Ally whispers to her with tears rolling down her cheeks. Who knows she could even be picked today... Or even worse... her little sister Alissa...

"Yeah.... Today is the day..." Alissa said while walking into Astrid's room.

"Hopefully none of us gets picked." I said and Alissa nods, agreeing with her.

"Yeah, hopefully." Alissa said and she walks in front of me to see what she looked like in the mirror and I just look at her upset.

"Astrid, if I get picked, I will try to win for you." Alissa whispers and more tears roll down my cheeks.

"I can't take this anymore..." Astrid said.

"What can't you take anymore?" Alissa asks while looking at her sister in the mirror.

"This stupid games... It caused the death of our father, Alissa." Astrid said while fixing up her hair. 

"I really do miss dad... I really do..." Alissa said and I sigh. 2 years ago, when Alex was picked, my dad came running straight for her and yelling at the capitol's soldiers to let her go, but in which his punishment for that was death.

"I do too Alissa, but he did it for Alex..." Astrid whispers, then looking behind to reveal Alice.

"Mother," Alissa said.

"Yes?"

"If anyone of us get picked for the games, would you cheer us on?" Alissa said and Alice just looks at Astrid who gives her a couple of nods and she looks back to Alissa.

"Of course I would cheer you or Astrid on if any of you two were in the games," Alice said and Alissa keeps smiling at her mother.

"Do you remember anyone who won the games?" Alissa asks.

"I do remember one person from 3 years ago, I forgot his name but he was the perfect warrior." Astrid said and Alice looks at her.

"His name was Hamish, but I haven't seen him after he won the games, I think he may have died." Alice said and Astrid sighs.

"We should hurry up and sign in." Astrid said and she grabbed Alissa's hand.

"Alright, I will be up the back if you need me with anything." Alice said as she walks down the stairs heading towards the Capitol building where the reaping is held.

"Come on Alissa, let's go," Astrid said and the two of them walk down the stairs heading towards the building with other kids who were dressed up.

"Sister, I am so scared, I don't want to be picked," Alissa said.

"I reckon you won't get picked. You were only put in there once." Astrid said.

Astrid

"I reckon you won't get picked. You were only put in there once." I said and Alissa looks at me scared.

"O-Okay..." She said and the two of us walk into two lines, one for the children and one for the teenagers.

"I know you hate needles, but just be brave okay?" I said and she nods to me, then looks straight ahead. A couple of minutes later after I get the needle in my finger and I sign in with my blood, I walk into the building and I see all the girls on one side, and the boys on the other, where I see Jack with his little brother.

"Look Jack! There's Astrid!" Jason says to Jack and he turns around to see me, but I don't look at him and I go into the crowd of the ladies where I stay near the back, nearby my mother.

"Welcome, Welcome! To the 74th hunger games!" A lady says which gets everyone's attention. (Don't worry, I know her name, I'm saying in the story that Astrid doesn't know her name until they get onto the train).

"Today, we will select one young man and women to go into the hunger games! But first, we must watch this video that the Capitol had made for us!" The lady says and everyone watches the screen as the video plays.

A couple of minutes after it finished, the lady looks at us and smiles widely.

"That is an amazing video." She says and I see the girls beside me starting to shake.

"But now, we must select the tributes who will be going to the games, of course, ladies first." She says and she walks over to the bowl containing all the girls names and all the girls  keep looking at each other terrified.

As she takes it out of the bowl with her fake nails, she walks back to the microphone and she opens the piece of paper and reads out the name.

"Alissa Hofferson."
-----------
Another chapter because I feel like it, and oh my god! She was chosen! *inserts shocked emoji* Comment what you think!

Foreverhttyd.