Chapter 29

Astrid

While we were walking through the forest, I had begun to think about something. How did he find me and Rue? Why did he set the trap there while the base was far away from the location? That's completely impossible! Except... if someone told them our plan to get one of us killed...

"What are you thinking about?" Hiccup said as we continued to walk through the forest.

"I was wondering how did they Rue was going to be there? If someone had told them or it was just a coincidence that she was there." I said as we had arrived at the river and I had started to fill up my half drunken water bottle.

"I don't know, maybe she got into the trap by accident. Maybe we could ask Cato before we kill him..." Hiccup said smirking as I had finished putting my drink bottle out of the river and I closed the lid.

"I reckon we should, but first let's get some food and cook it. I am starving!" I said as the two of us continue to walk towards the little waterfall, and as I see near the edge, there was some fish there. They look very tempting.

"Are you thinking about getting those fish?" Hiccup said smirking and I look at him smiling.

"What was your first clue?" As I had gone to the edge of the river I had looked back to Hiccup and I threw him a sword that I had snuck from the boy from district 1 when he died and he looked at me confused.

"Keep look out..." I generally said before I had started to catch the fish.

A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER... 

While Hiccup and I were cooking the fish, I had looked at one of the cameras that were watching us and I sighed sadly. I really hope that my family are okay back home. I haven't seen them in days and I don't even know if I will ever see them again.

"I just wonder how my family are going at home..." I interrupted Hiccup from concentrating on his cooking and he looked at me smiling.

"Well, you know. I reckon that they would have hope of you winning this thing."

"I know Hiccup, but what if I get killed? That's the thing! It happened to my sister Alex 2 years ago, she was in the top five, we had hope that she would win until she was killed! I don't even know if it will happen to me again..." I said before Hiccup had took the fish away from the fire and he had given me one before we had started eating.

"I know it was hard Astrid, but who knows, one of us might win this thing..." Hiccup said and I sighed sadly.

"We can only hope..." I mumbled under my breath before I stamped on the fire and begun to eat my fish extremely quietly.

After we had finished our fish, I had continued to look around the area to see that it wasn't really that familiar, but it started to get night out.

"Come on, were going to go into a tree for the night." I said getting up and the two of us had walked towards the trees and not long after we had found a big tree with thick branches that can hold our weight and we both sat on different branches just waiting to hear for the anthem to play.

"Astrid, you know you did an amazing thing for Rue. I saw it through the trees and I didn't want to interrupt you on that." Hiccup said and I looked up to him smiling.

"You think so?"

"Definitely." Hiccup said, but not long after, I had frowned from hearing the anthem going off and I had turned that direction to see the district 1 boy, Rue and that boy we had killed earlier which had made me start to cry.

"Hey, don't cry, it's okay..." Hiccup said getting off his branch and he sat beside me, pulling me by the waist into me and I had put my head on his shoulder. He really is a supportive friend...

[Hey guys! Here is a boring chapter for you all, I appoligse I just wanted to let you know that I start school today so I will be updating on Monday, Friday and Saturday's from now on. I hope you understand.

Foreverhttyd.]