Chapter 23

A FEW HOURS LATER...

Hiccup

It's been a few hours since Astrid and I have split up right after we found each other. I am really starting to get stressed if she had died or not since I heard a cannon earlier today. But I hope it wasn't her... Especially her... But at least I ditched those guys who were chasing me.

As I continue to walk, I had heard the anthem play and I looked up see that the boy from district 5 has been killed. At least it wasn't my Astrid, wait what? I did I just say my Astrid?

"Pst," I heard a little voice and I looked around the area in confusion? What was that noise?

"Up here," I hear the little voice again, and I look up to see Rue standing up in the trees and I smiled widely.

"Hey Rue." I said while I go towards the tree that she is in, but I saw that she was climbing down.

"Hi Hiccup." She said as she jumped off and landed right in front of me and I smiled.

"Do you know if Astrid is okay?" I asked and she nods.

"Yeah, she is fine. Although she is trapped in a tree as the Career's wait for her to come down," She said and my eyes widen.

"You can't be serious right now? What if she does go down?!" I said starting to freak out when I felt a slap to the face.

"Calm down, there is a way that we can get through this." Rue said and I cross my arms.

"And how are we going to?"

"Well, I saw a Tracker Jacker nest." Rue said and I looked at her confused.

"And how is that going to help us?" I asked and she started to walk the way where I had ran from.

"I reckon Astrid should cut it down, and if she does get bitten than you can help her out until she is back to normal."

"I like that idea. But I don't know if she has a knife."

"Well, we can figure it out later. Right now we just have to save her and get the careers away from her." Rue said but I looked up to see the moon starting to rise.

"But it's night out." I said and she smiled.

"We do it in the morning." Rue said and I smirk.

"This is the best idea I have ever heard all games so far..." I stated and she smiled after my comment.

"Can you climb trees?" Rue said as she had started to get back onto another tree.

"Yeah, of course I can. Why wouldn't I know." I said as I had started to climb after her.

"Just wondered." She said and I had gotten up onto a branch that can hold my weight and I had closed my eyes.

"Well, we can wait until dawn then we head off to Astrid and we can activate those Tracker Jackers." I said and she nods in agreement. "Alright, goodnight." She whispered as she sat on the branch on top of me and the two of us go to sleep very quickly.

MORNING

Narrative

Dawn was approaching the whole arena, with tributes sleeping peacefully or have started their hunting. But for the Careers, they won't suspect a thing that is going to happen in the next few minutes.

"Now, remember what I taught you. In the next few minutes it's going to be extremely crazy, so get out of there as soon as possible." Rue said as the two of them had started to walk towards Astrid and the Careers.

"Of course, the main thing is that I am going to save M'Lady." He said and Rue rolls her eyes playfully.

"Are you two a thing?" She asked giggling and he stopped in his place with his cheeks starting to burn up.

"No, but I wish it could happen..." He said looking down to the ground embarrassed and she kept smiling.

"Astrid will be happy to see you, and who knows... Maybe she will like you back..." Rue whispered before they go into the area where Astrid and the Careers are and that made Hiccup more enthusiastic about saving her, it's that the two of them can reunite with each other.

"Hopefully this works." Rue whispered as she started to climb the tree which was right beside my sleeping beauty and I sighed.

'Hopefully it works...' Hiccup thought to himself.

[Hello, I appoligse for ending it here so soon. I wanted to give you all an update today, but I am extremely tired since I am about to go to sleep. But don't worry, there is a new update coming tomorrow for you all. But one more quick announcement if you don't know already.....

Drum roll please!!!

*Drum Roll*

I HAD FINISHED THE KEY TO MY LOCK!

Yes, I officially finished it yesterday! So I want you all to know that I am going to just be working on this fan fiction for a while! So I hope you guys will be excited for more chapters!

Foreverhttyd.]