Chapter 4

Astrid
As Jack and I walk into the village holding our goodies, the two of us say our goodbyes and we go our separate ways. As I walk towards my house, I see little children playing in the paths playing an old classic game of tag and I smile while waking past.

I really miss doing that when I was young. But a couple of minutes later, I arrive at the house to see that my sister was sitting at the front, stitching some rips from her clothes.

"Good morning!" I said and she looked up from her clothes and she smiles widely.

Good morning!" She said with a huge smile spread on her face.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask.

"Yeah, I did for once. No nightmares last night for once." Alissa say happily and I smile.

"That's good!" I said and the two of us have a small laugh.

"Alright, let me put this meat inside, then I'm going to the bakery to grab a loaf of bread."

"But they are to expensive!" Alissa yells.

"Don't worry, I got it covered." I said as I walk into the house and Alissa follows.

"What are you going to wear for the reaping tomorrow?" Alissa asks.

"Just my usual blue dress and braid, nothing else really." I said bluntly and she just looks at me with her eye brow raised.

"I don't care about the reaping, it's been 5 years since my name has been in that reaping and I haven't gotten chosen." I said.

"Sister, what if your picked?" Alissa says.

"Then I would care, but look we won't be picked at all, don't worry about it." I said and she nods.

"Good, now continue on stitching your clothes while I go and get the bread from the bakery." I say and I walk off heading towards the bakery. As I continue to walk through the village heading towards the bakery, I started to notice that some of the children that I saw earlier weren't playing anymore, all they did was stay by their parents frightened about the same thing. The reaping... It's tomorrow... I am very surprised that they forgotten about it.

Their parents must of reminded them and helped them into their best clothing to wear at the reaping tomorrow.

"I am so scared mum, I don't want to be picked to go into the games." I hear a little boy say to his mother and his mother looks at him upset.

"Don't you worry, you won't get picked for the hunger games, I promise." She says while kissing his forehead and I smile sadly while walking past. What is my sister was picked for the games? All she would do is get killed at the very start of the games and even if she made it through the first part she can't hunt, she doesn't even know how to make a fire. She would die of exhaustion or even one of the tributes that would find her first.

As I continue to walk through the village, I finally make it to the bakery and I open the door and it reveals my best friend looking very tired.

"Someone is very tired." I say and she laughs a little.

"Yeah, I have been up since 4:30am doing the food." Elissa says which makes me laugh.

"I only just realized that your name and my sister's name sound pretty much the same." I said chuckling and she rolls her eyes.

"I guess I have a twin now," She said laughing and I just cross my arms enjoying her being happy. Ever since her little brother died from the games, she was never the same, she never smiled at me, she never hung out with me anymore until after she stopped grieving which took about a year or two.

"Alright! Can I please have the bread, I need to go home to get dinner ready." I say and she passes me the loaf of fresh, white bread and I hold it in my hands.

"Thank you," I say and I walk out of the bakery going back to my house to prepare dinner.
-----------
Here's another update for you all!
Foreverhttyd.