Chapter 28

Astrid

While I walked through the forest heading towards somewhere far away from Rue's death spot, I had started to stress over where Hiccup was. Is he dead as well? Is that why Rue was by herself?

"Astrid!" I heard a familiar voice say and I turned around to see Hiccup running towards me and I sighed in relief before running over to him and I had felt his strong muscly arms wrap around me.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me before tears had rolled down my cheeks.

"No..." I mumbled into his chest and he put his hand on my chin and he lifted it up to face him.

"What happened?"

"Rue is dead..." I whispered and I felt his arms tighten into the hug.

"I should have stayed with her... but we split up because while Rue and I were setting the fires like we planned, but as we were working, Rue and I had come across another tribute so I told her to run as I killed the tribute but I didn't know she got trapped and that she died... I was so stupid!" Hiccup said with his voice starting to crack but I had lifted my face up to his and I smiled sadly.

"You did a great thing." I said stroking his cheek.

"How did I do a good thing?" He asked.

"Hiccup, you defended yourself and Rue. I am very proud of you." I said and he smiled sadly at me.

"You reckon?"

"Yeah definitely." I said before I get out of his arms.

"Do you know who is left?"

"Yeah I do. Well some of the tributes. Cato, Chloe, Fox face, Thresh, your friend from district 4. Matthew us, a couple more of other districts. But I think Cato and Chloe will kill them off then come after Thresh and us.

"Yeah I reckon. But what do you want to do?" Hiccup asked and I continued to think.

"How about we do some hunting, then we cook it. But keep the fire as small as possible. Then after that, we go out and hunt down the tributes that haven't been killed yet."

"That's a good idea. But how many arrows do you have left?"

"I have 10 left." I said and Hiccup nods.

"Let's try not to use too many, we need to leave it for the big battles." Hiccup said and I started to walk the direction to the water source. I wonder if Matthew is still handling it?

Matthew

"Hey Willow." I said as we stopped at a rock and she sat down on the top of it.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Why did you want to work with me?"

"I did because I like you and as well as that, I want to kill Astrid... She is such a s!ut." She said and I rolled my eyes at her last comment.

"Astrid has never been with a boy."

"Yeah right..." She mumbled and I chuckled.

"We need to kill off Chloe and Cato." I whispered extremely quietly as Cato and Chloe walk in and she nods.

"We have to find the girl of fire..." Cato hissed at us as he sat beside Willow and I sighed annoyed.

"We need to track down the other tributes before we find them. Because they could be coming for us next." I said crossing my arms and Cato nods in agreement.

"Best idea that I have heard all day." Cato said sharpening his sword and a huge smirk spreads on Chloe's face as she grabbed a hand knife.

"Well, let's go hunting..." Chloe said before she started to walk away into the direction that they entered and I looked at Willow smiling. Hopefully this will get interesting.

[Hey guys! Here is another update for you all today! I am very sorry because of the chapter being so small. But I will give you another update with a longer chapter. But just to let you know, I won't be updating much like I have been anymore. I am going back to school and I will be in grade 11 this year. Just to let you know that my official updating days are Monday, Friday and Saturday. But if I don't update on those days, just please don't get pissed off, I might have assignments and other things to finish off.

Credits to @Allthingshttyd for assisting me with the name of the district 4 girl and the idea of how Hiccup and Rue split up. 

Foreverhttyd.]