The Pack

EXERT FROM THE PACK 

I feel my heart start to pound as they walk closer.  My breathe catches in my throat as their eyes look me up and down.  Air escapes my lungs in a rush as hands reach out to grasp mine.  Dallas lifts me into the air as his lips press against mine.  I can't help the soft smile that comes to my face.  Dallas sets me down then pulls back to look at me as his thumb traces the smile on my lips.

"Why are you smiling, little one?"  My eyes look over to my other two mates then back to Dallas as I speak.

"I've read lots of books Dallas but do you know what I've just realized?"  Dallas shakes his hands as fingers massage gently up and down my back, soothing me.  "I realized that my three favorite characters have actually came to life in the actions of my mates."  Dallas raises a brow as one of my mates presses a kiss to the back of my neck, the fingers keep moving up and down, as sparks tingle along my skin.  "Peter Pan, the first lost boy.  Tarzan.  And well, Prince Eric from the 'Little Mermaid'."  

There is a chuckle and a growl from behind me as Dallas speaks.

"Prince Eric from the disney movie."  I hear another growl behind me as he speaks.

"Prince Eric?  I'm Prince Eric.  Why can't Dallas be Prince Eric?"  He pauses as if considering his words before speaking again.  "Your right.  He is Tarzan but Prince Eric.  Really?"  Heat floods my cheeks as I clear my throat as I speak.

"I've also realized that while romance books and fairy tales can have endings that make you dream of your ever after they have one thing wrong."  Dallas tilts his head to the side as he looks at me.

"What do they have wrong baby?"  

"It takes more than two people to make a happy ending.  It takes a pack."  Dallas laughs as he kisses me again then pulls back.

"Well you definitely have that, little one cause you have us.  I love you."  My eyes meet his.

"I love you too.  I love all of you more than I could have ever dreamed isn't that the best ever after ever?"