Chapter 4: Butterfinger

CHAPTER 4

AILA MEETS DALLAS'S PACK 

AILA POV

"Wake up Aila." I grumble and snuggle deeper into Patch.  

"Go away I..." I'm talking out loud. I snap my eyes open as memories of yesterday flood me. Mate. I roll over to come face to face with those silver eyes. I grin and lean forward to nuzzle his neck. He growls as I speak. 

"Mate." He wraps an arm around me and leans in to press his lips to my neck. Sparks fly between us and I'm surprised when I make a strange noise. Then he presses his lips to my neck again and I forget about noises as I tilt my head back. I wiggle my hips when his tongue slides up my neck and he growls before pulling back. 

"Aila." I look at him in surprise. 

"Why did you stop? It felt nice." He laughs as his hand runs up and down my back. 

"I noticed that when you started moaning." I scowl. 

"Is moaning that strange noise I made?" He smirks and leans in so his lips are next to my ear. 

"Yes." I shiver as he nips my ear and pulls back. 

"I also notice your language has improved." I blink and try to gather my thoughts before I speak. 

"I think I just had to remember human words. I haven't spoken in a long time." He nods before climbing out of the bed. 

"I figured as much. Can you read?" I blink and I suddenly see books I used to read. I grin up at him as he grabs my hands and pulls me from the bed. 

"Yes. My brother and I read...." I stop and my eyes widen in surprise. I have a brother. My face falls and I look up at Dallas as tears slide down my cheeks. 

"I have a brother. But I don't know where he is or if he..." My lip quivers and Dallas pulls me into his arms.  

"How about I show you what you look like then we'll got get you some clothes before I introduce you to the pack. We'll figure everything out Aila." I nod and wipe my face in his shirt before pulling back and nodding. Dallas smiles down at me, grasps my hand, and pulls me into the bathroom. I clench my eyes shut as he sets me in front of the mirror. Calloused hands rub my shoulders as a warmth brushes against my cheek. 

"Open your eyes, Sweetie. Pleases." I shiver as I slowly open my eyes and look into the mirror. A woman with coppery red stares back at me. Her eyes are the color of warm chocolate. I blink in awe of her. She beautiful. I reach out a hand to touch the mirror as I look down and see my boobies. My eyes widen as I reach down to cup them, frowning. 

"Aila? What are you doing?" I jump and drop my hands from my boobies as I look at Dallas in the mirror.  

"I....These weren't here the last time I was human." I watch Dallas's eyes go from silver to black as he watches me in the mirror. His dirty blonde hair falls into his face as he groans and drops his head on my shoulder. 

"Could you not say things like that, Sweetie? You're killing me." I blink and drop my hands as I whirl to face him in a panic. My breath hitches as I pat my hands over his chest. 

"No! Don't die! I'm sorry! I don't understand!" Tears fill my eyes as Dallas groans and pulls me into his arms. I whimper and bury my face in his chest. I inhale my mate's scent. He smells like something tasty but I can't remember the name of it. 

"Aila. It's a saying, Sweetie. You're not actually killing me. I'm sorry I scared you. Please don't cry." I sniffle and look up at him. 

"Don't do it again. I don't like tears. They make my stomach hurt." Dallas smiles and kisses me on the forehead before pulling back.