Chapter 22: Something Dark This Way comes

CHAPTER 22

SOMETHING DARK THIS WAY COMES

AILA POV

The first smell that hits me as we clamber through the mirror is, death. Juliet whimpers but says nothing as my wolf takes over and I shift. Growling I follow closely behind Pan and Mace as we navigate the hallways and stairs until we get to the room where our mate is. The heavy wooden door is barred shut but that doesn't stop nine hundred pounds of pissed off bear. Mace roars in challenge at the door as he rises up on his haunches and throws himself into the door. The door slams to the ground as five wolves leap at Mace. Mace swipes out with his claws as I leap onto his back then go over his head to clear the wolves he's fighting. 

Dallas's blood hits me and I see five wolves have locked their jaws as they attempt to hold him down. I can see from the wolves stances and how deep the one's teeth is embedded into his cheek that he's been fighting them. I turn my head to the left when I realize we're in the foyer to the panic room where Bonnet and Bloo would have been hiding. Bloo is fighting the man that's holding her tightly as she screams for her sister. I hear a roar outside and realize it's Puma. Hoping she has Bonnet I turn to focus on the man holding Bloo. I smell his fear but he doesn't show it as he smirks and pulls his free hand from behind his back. When I see the gun I snarl and step forward. But the click of the hammer stops me as he speaks. 

"You do know that such a small child will not heal fast enough if I shoot her in the head?" I freeze at his words and the sounds of fighting fades into the background as I focus solely on him. "But if you shift and come to me I'll let her go. It's you he wants anyway." Snarling at him I shift as my mates snarl and growl at me. I ignore them, keeping my eyes on him, as my naked body appears in front of him. He leers at me as he tosses Bloo into a wall and grabs me. Pulling me close he points the gun at Pan as he eyes Dally and Mace. Mace is splattered with blood from the wolves he killed and Dally is limping but okay as he shakes off the last wolf still embedded in his fur. They are all dead. Both of them look at me with anger in their eyes but I know they're not mad at me, well too much, anyway.  

I stumble and it forces them man to press his back to the wall by the door. Perfect. Trying to show my mates I know what I'm doing. I press into the man just as there's a thud against the wall. Then plaster flies everywhere as Gremlin's hand appears through the wall to grasp the man by his throat. When Gremlin's hand starts to squeeze in on his neck. I quickly duck and roll. When I come to a stop Mace is standing over me as the sounds of tearing flash fills my ears.

Macey moves so I'm out from under him as Dallas stumbles over to me. I notice his smell is different as Juliet flies into the room as a human. Her eyes are showing her beast as Juliet speaks. 

"Aila we need you something's wrong with Alpha." Twisting out from under Macey I follow Juliet out the door and down the stairs.

DALLAS POV

RIGHT BEFORE GIDGET GETS AILA

I'm finishing up the meeting with Beta Jazz whenever I feel my Alpha senses go on alert. Immediately I try to contact my mates but something seems to be blocking me. Snarling I leap up as I hear a scream from downstairs. Running downstairs I see a man dash out the door with Bonnet as Bloo runs into my arms. Jazz runs out after Bonnet as I turn to get Bloo upstairs into the panic room. I get to the bottom of the stairs and turn towards the kitchen to see me mom in human form fighting off three wolves. She doesn't look at me as she speaks.