Chapter 20: Cookie Monster

• Dedicated to Chad Edward Poindexter

CHAPTER 20

COOKIE MONSTER

AILA POV

SCHOOL

Sitting at the kitchen bar on a stool I giggle as I watch the pack clear a path as Romeo and Juliet walk into the room. Juliet's black hair is swept into a ponytail and she's holding hands with her brother as she tugs at the rainbow colored ruffled skirt she's wearing. I look at her bright pink tank top and glance at Romeo, who grins at me as he sets his sister down beside me. Panny turns from his spot at the stove and pushes a plate of food at them. They blink at his ruffled apron but don't comment as they accept the food. I nudge Juliet and she looks over at me. 

"I take it Romeo dressed you this morning?" She surprises me by giggling. 

"Like he didn't dress you too." I glance down at my light blue peasant top and white and black peasant skirt and shrug. He may have picked the outfit out but. Cutting my eyes at Romeo I lift my skirt so Juliet can see my boots. She giggles just as Romeo glances down. Sputtering he leaps to his feet as the pack looks over at us. Pointing at my shoes he shrieks at me. 

"Are those platform combat boots?" Grinning at him I lift my leg and wiggle my foot. My mates growl and I realize they think I'm flashing the room. 

"Dally I have on shorts underneath the skirt." The growls stop and I lean over the counter top to kiss Dally who's helping Pan cook. Macey hasn't gotten up yet. 

"Aila!" Rolling my eyes I sit back down and meet Romeo's eyes. 

"What?" Juliet giggles and Romeo sticks his tongue out at her as Star flies into the room. Juliet flinches as Star leans over her to grab a piece of toast off my plate. Dally pops her hand and she pouts at him. They stare at each other a minute before Dally gives hers a plate of food but she keeps my toast. Then as if realizing that Juliet is upset. She leans down and whispers in Juliet's ear. Juliet glances at me and relaxes as Star pulls back. She takes her plate and sits down on the other side of Romeo as Juliet starts to eat. Glancing at Star I'm curious as to what she said to Juliet but figure it had something to do with the fact that I was beside her and anyone dumb enough to try to hurt her while I was that close deserved to die. And since Star and I seem to be a lot alike I figure that's what she said. I like this new confidence of mine. 

"Hey Aila. My boots do go with that skirt." Romeo shrieks and turns to Star as I burst into laughter. It's when I look back over at Pan that I notice he's wearing two aprons. One in front and one in the back and I can see his bare shoulders. Frowning I glance over at Dally, who's turned toward the stove. 

"Panny, why are you wearing two aprons and no shirt?" The kitchen falls silent as everyone looks to Panny. Panny turns to me with a pout on his lips and crosses his arms over his chest but the interesting thing is Dally is blushing. I'd never seen Dally blush before. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jazz enter the room as Pan speaks.  

"It's not my fault. I bent over to get the biscuits out like Cally, Dallas's mom, showed me then Dally was tearing..." Dally whirls and covers Panny's mouth as I giggle and Mace walks up behind me. He picks me up off the stool and sits down with me in his lap. 

"What's up?" I giggle and see Dally still has Panny's mouth covered as Star speaks. 

"Dallas and Pan got some morning nookie and apparently Big brother ripped his clothes. That's why he's wearing two aprons." Dallas glares at his sister as Mace looks over at Pan then down at me. 

"How long til school starts?" Dallas raises a brow and releases Pan as I kiss Mace on the mouth. His cupid bow lips curve into a smile as I speak.