Chapter 12: Talk about a bite on the ass

CHAPTER 12

TALK ABOUT A BITE ON THE ASS

AILA POV

We'd barely gotten dressed when there was a knock on the door and Gremlin and Liam strolled in. Gremlin's eyes went straight to mine and I knew he was feeling how I was struggling to fight back the sheer terror streaking through me. He'd found me. He knew who I was. He'd been following me the whole time. My eyes meet Alpha's and he strides across the room to nuzzle my leg. I want to be angry at him not telling me but I know I wouldn't have handled it very well. My eyes leave his as cool hands slide underneath my shirt and touch the small of my back. I grin at Mace, who just smirks at me and winks. Gremlin is the first to speak. 

"Why don't Mace and Dallas go talk Liam in the bathroom for a sec while the rest of us stay out here?" Dallas and Mace glance at Liam before nodding curtly and I just frown and tilt my head to the side. Why was this bothering me? Maybe I didn't like it when I wasn't included? Mace's lips on my neck recall me from my thoughts as I turn my head to blink at me. Mace removes his hand from underneath my shirt as Dallas leans down and kisses me on the lips. 

"You just broke down from hearing his voice little one let us go talk for a minute then we'll go. Will tell you about it when you feel safer." I consider his words and nod my head in agreement as Pan walks over to me and grasps my hand. Alpha is pacing by the door while Tuck and Tumble are pacing underneath the two windows. Pan sets me down on the bed and immediately climbs into my lap. Gremlin chuckles and walks over to us as Alpha starts to growl. Then the door to the hotel room flies open and a man steps in. 

Everything else fades out except for him. I see his eyes dark and glittering. His hair is short and an orangish red. My breathe catches in my throat as I struggle to speak as tears slide down my cheeks. 

"Daddy? You did this to us?" Gremlin stiffens beside me and as my fingers clench tighter in Pan's fur I realize he's shifted into his wolf. The room is filled with snarls as I stare at the man that had destroyed my family and I know why Momma hadn't wanted me to remember. She'd known this would break me and it had. It really had. I feel my heart shatter as he goes to step closer to me and Alpha sinks his teeth into his leg. Daddy looks down at him and smirks. 

"I should have known you were helping her. Still think you're just a wolf I see. Too bad the spell didn't hold for little Aila." He grabs Alpha and throws him into Tuck and Tumble and they all go flying out the window as Gremlins leap off the bed and Pan nudges me back so he's crouched in front of me on the bed. Daddy did this?  

Daddy looks over at Gremlin and pauses as he sniffs the air then scowls. 

"Just couldn't stay dead could you pup?" Gremlin growls and Daddy chuckles. 

"You would be the reason she remembered then?" There's a loud bang and the door to the bathroom falls to the floor as Mace and Dallas walk into the room. Liam is behind them and I have no idea why he had a black eye and a bloody nose. Daddy looks at me and I scramble back on the bed and curl into myself. Pan snarls at him and snaps his teeth together but Daddy's too busy glancing from Dallas to Alpha. 

"I stand corrected. You're the reason the spell broke. Nothing like an Alpha pairing." He pauses and glances from Mace and Dallas to me and Pan. I start to tremble and Pan glances over at Dallas. Dallas nods and Pan shifts and pulls me into his arms as I start to cry. I hate tears. Daddy's face goes a molten red as Pan gathers me close. 

"Are you fucking serious? There's three of you?" He stops and takes a deep breathe. "That's fine. More of you to kill then." Mace and Dallas leap towards him but Daddy spins away from them as he speaks. "None of that boys. It seems my plan needs a few adjustments I'll catch up with my lovely daughter later." And with that he disappeared into thin air as Pack runs back into the room.