Chapter 24: Say Something

CHAPTER 24

SAY SOMETHING

AILA POV

BACK AT HOME

"You'll stay here like I told you too!" I flinch as Dally slams the door shut and whirl to look at Macey.  

"It's worse now. And I didn't get a lot of time to research today." Standing up he presses a small book into my palm. I glance at it and it says 'Werewolf' on the cover. I look back up as he presses a hand to my cheek. 

"Thanks. How much time til everything's in place?" Leaning forward he presses his forehead to mine and we both take a deep breathe. 

"Couple of hours. Then we set out. Liam's going to guard Dally until the Kings' and Queen get here. He said everyone going with us will meet us in the woods in two hours. You have a hour before you need to connect with Tarrow through this bond he says you have." I nod. It should be the same as the bond I have with Gremlin and I'd already put up a block to my mind earlier so no one would know what I am doing. Tangling a hand in his tousled hair I sigh. 

"Can we do this Macey? Pan is taken and right not something is using our Dally like a puppet. What if we don't win? What if there's nothing wrong with Dally except himself?" Macey's eyes flare as he speaks softly. 

"Then we go down swinging. "Smirking at him I place my hand on his cheek. 

"Balls to the wall, mate?" Smiling he leans down to kiss me his mouth hot as it envelopes mine.

TWO HOURS LATER

Ten people meet us in the woods. I quickly stuff my clothes into my book bag as I look over at Romeo, Juliet, Caine, and Abel. 

"You're sure?" They all nod as they shift. Then we run and I follow the trail the bond left for me. An hour later we're almost there so I call Jazz through the bond and tell him where to send the trucks. As the others break away and go get the prisoners I set up the distraction. Shifting into my human form I quickly put on some clothes. I'm braiding my hair when there's a sharp pain in my chest and white hot agony envelopes me as I scream aloud. Forgetting where I am. Beside me Macey falls to his knees as tears slide down our cheeks. I fall as another flare of pain slides over me. My hands reach out for Macey's as my vision starts to dim. My only thought being that Dally, our Dally, is dead.

...................................

I open my eyes and I'm standing on the hill where I had first seen Dally beside me is Pan and Macey. We all know it's a dream but none of us say anything as we stand there and wait. Soon the roar of a motorcycle disrupts the quiet and Dally pulls up. He takes off his helmet allowing his blonde hair to fall to his shoulders. His silver eyes meet mine as a sob escapes me. 

"Dally you promised not to leave. You're our Alpha. We need you." His hand rises to caress my cheek but doesn't speak as Macey and Pan steps forward. 

"Say something." His lips curve in a sad smile as he speaks. 

"I'm giving up on you." The pain tears at me as my loud sobs echo through the forest as he says the words to 'A Great Big World &Christina Aguilera' song 'Say something'. I'd cried the first time I'd heard it and when he'd asked why I told him that it reminded me of us. I'd told him our love felt so large that sometimes I felt like I was stumbling and he promised that he would never give up on me.  

Backing into Mace and Pan I speak words to the song as he starts to fade. 

"I will swallow my pride. You're the one that I love and I'm saying Goodbye." He fades completely as another line from the song echoes around us. 

"I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would have followed you." Turning I wrap my arms around Pan and Macey as the air grows chillier around us and the hole our Alpha has left within us grew larger.

.....................

"DALLY!" My eyes fly open as I look around frantically to see that I'm alone in a dark room. Groping around I find a switch by the bed I'm lying on and turn on the light. I jerk back against the headboard in horror as a scream escapes me. On the back wall Pan and Macey are chained to the wall. Shallow cuts are all over their naked bodies and they appear to be unconscious despite my scream. I go to stand I'm jerked back to the bed by a silver chain wrapped around my wrist. Snarling I claw at it as a door opens and Tarrow walks in. 

""I thought I heard your screams. You'll be glad to know that most of your friends escaped. Even little Juliet. A shame that. No matter. I have what I want." Glaring at him I straighten as I speak. 

"What do you want?" Tarrow laughs before he narrows those silver eyes at me.  

"I have what I want dear girl. I wanted the Ultimate Omega. Now I just have to find a way to get her to do as I bid. No wait I have that too. And there is no one left to save you because your Alpha mate is dead and I killed him just like I did his father." A scream of rage escapes me as I yank at the chain holding me hostage. I didn't know how but this man would die and it wouldn't be quick.

ALPHA POV

My lip curls as I watch and wait. They had taken from my pack. They had hurt my Pack. Now they would pay. With blood and pain for all those who hurt because of it. Beside me Tuck and Tumble press closer to me as we wait. Watching. Waiting. This time he would die and nothing was going to stop me from accomplishing my goal.

MEL POV

It kills me to watch unable to help anymore than I already had. Staying silent and invisible I watch as Alpha and his Pack creep slowly towards the house where Aila and the others were being held. There was one of two ways fate could go. Many times there were several different outcomes at any giving moment. But this one, this path, relied heavily on how much Aila loved her mates and just how smart she really was. All I could do was pray that Aila thought it through. Just think Aila think.