Chapter Seven [A Connection]

There was supposed to be an image accompaning this, but I didn't have time to finish. I'll post it when I do finish, for now, enjoy!

I enjoyed this chapter, and already started the next. While I'm in San Fran I'll work on more Calamity plans, and GAME OVER plans, and other plans XD

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 7 [A Connection]

~~~~~

"Oh, Adam. Sorry if you had to wait long, here. I compressed all the bottle for you," Tyler poked his head out from inside room G04. He handed Adam the box with all the bottles compressed neatly inside.

"Thanks Tyler!" Adam stood up from sitting down on the ground. Thankfully in the time he's been waiting no one has needed to come down this far, so he hasn't needed to move.

"Alright, so I need to finish here, so see you later!" Tyler waved and disappeared back into the room. Adam was left with the box in his arms, so now all he needed to do was head to Jason. It's how his errands usually ended. Seto would have him do something, and then head straight to Jason afterwards. And since Seto didn't want him to return anytime soon, he would have to give the bottle back to him later. Unless someone else claimed them from him.

Hopefully with a lighter box, it would be easier to climb to level A.

~~~~~

"Whew!" Adam let out a sigh as he walked up to the grassy surface. It was still early morning, would Jason be awake?

He probably would, he never seemed to sleep.

Adam made his way over to Jason's lab. He set the box down outside; no one would take it. He knocked on the door to see if anyone would answer, probably not.

Adam decided to let himself in, he walked cautiously down the dark hallway. He could hear Jason's voice.

"I suppose if you're really serious about learning from me, than I guess I can teach you a few things. Though you'll never reach my level, you have a level head on your shoulders."

Yep, there he goes again. Adam while still fascinated by how brilliant Jason was, also realized how self centered he was too.

"Thank you sir." That was Ross, no doubt about it.

Adam came into view of the lab, and Ross who had his back turned to Adam didn't notice him until Jason saw him.

"Oh Adam! Perfect timing, I was wondering when you would show up. I have a few things to speak to you about--Ross grab me a coffee will you. This won't take long."

Ross opened his mouth to protest, then grumbled and walked away. He shoved past Adam and sent him a nasty glare. Maybe Adam should've waited, it seemed he kept coming at times that only caused Ross to hate him more.

"Come, come. I have a few things I neglected to mention about the necklace." Jason pulled out his chair from his desk and plopped down in it, "First, once you are deemed adequate for actual missions, you'll likely patrol areas and kill mobs to protect the villages. Since you're a Human, you can't naturally take in the experience gained through the killings, so that necklace with store it for you."

"You probably don't know much about experience, but with what I'm liable to tell you, experience is equal to the the life force of Rekrium. It may not provide actual life, but without it, Rekrium could not thrive and grow as it has now. So it is very important you work hard so you can actually be of use."

"Y-Yes sir!" Adam saluted.

"Oh, and one more thing, if you're going to keep coming here just to check in because you have nothing better to do, then at least bring some sweets."