Chapter Sixteen [A Proposition]

I apologize for the incredibly long wait. This is the first time in over a year where I fail to update without notice.

So I apologize and hope to now get back on track.

Please take this GO Seto drawing as a token of my apology. (I've been working on designing his curse marks, so that's why he has no clothes lol)

 (I've been working on designing his curse marks, so that's why he has no clothes lol)

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 16 [A Proposition]

~~~~~

The next day, Adam stood outside Jason's lab. When he died there was no one to meet him, so he wasn't sure if Jason knew he died or not. Not that he was doubting Jason and his knowledge of things, but he thought he should just check in to be safe.

Adam walked into the building and down the hallway. He heard some sort of angry grumbles coming from within, but he couldn't tell exactly what it was.

"Dammit!" Adam jumped at the shout, that was definitely not Jason, but Ross. He wondered what Ross was doing.

"Hey Ross," Adam walked into the lab, this offered Ross a moment to look up with a scowl. Ross' tail bobbed in an angry fashion, Adam wasn't sure if it was because of him or not. Probably not in this case.

Ross was crouched beside a medium sized machine with a couple tools in his hands, "What do you want? I'm kind of busy."

"Sorry, I'm just looking for Jason, have you seen him?"

Ross grumbled under his breath and placed his tools down, "Seen him? Ha! Give me a break! He left without a word for the capital yesterday!"

"Oh..., s-sorry, I didn't know," the atmosphere began to feel like stew, hot and thick. Adam was fully prepared to leave but he stopped himself to ask, "Hey Ross, are you ok?"

Ross' nose twitched and he stood up, Adam was taken aback by the angry expression on his face.

"Notch! It pisses me off!" Ross started to pace, his ears laid back and his mouth drawn into an angry snarl, "Who does Jason take me for! I've graduated top of my class in both Tiered classes and university! But no, he treats me like a helpless child who doesn't even know the fundamental basics of mechanical engineering!"

"Fundamental what?" Adam watched Ross grumble and stomp around and ignore Adam's question.

"I didn't come all this way to fix a machine that does absolutely nothing!" he pointed a finger at the medium sized machine he was working on earlier, "I mean it. That thing does nothing, he says I'm to deconstruct and reconstruct it in order to learn how to fucking construct a machine. A child could do this!" Ross plopped down into Jason's lab chair.

"Er, I can't--"

"No one here would understand the amount of frustration I feel while Jason constantly treats me like a child!"