Chapter Twenty-Eight [Curiosity]

I keep publishing and unpublishung this part because it doesnt show up as updates, ugggggh! Better work now!!!

Whelp day 2 of mini marathon. :/ I like this chapter....but things happen and well uh enjoy.

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 28 [Curiosity]

~~~~~

Adam clutched his amulet tightly. Seto told him earlier that Jason was expecting him to bring the amulet to his lab this afternoon, and after the ceremony earlier this morning and revealing the big secret to Barney he was beyond tired and stressed. By the way, Barney was surprisingly calm about the whole ordeal. He honestly just said, 'Cools,' before falling back asleep. Perhaps the news hadn't settled into Barney's mind quite yet, so it was possible when he woke for a second time there would be a much bigger response. That he did not know, however.

Adam decided he wasn't ready to leave so he planned to do everything he could to convince Jason to let him stay longer. He was dumb before and he wanted to take back everything he said.

"Oops, sorry," Adam barely dodged a pair of trainees carrying a crate together down the ravine, Adam did his best to move out of their way and let them pass. When the two of them and the crate were safely past Adam walked to the top  of the ravine. He headed straight for Jason's lab.

Adam hardly noticed the absence of people in the area since he was worried about what to say to Jason.

"Ok Adam, just go in and don't be scared or intimidated by the small engineer man. He won't bite...probably."

Adam pushed open the door, his hand clutched the amulet harder, "Ja--"

Adam was interrupted when he heard Jason speak up,  "Oh? Please elaborate."

Elaborate? Elaborate what? He must've come at a bad time. Adam couldn't see what was going on in the lab since he was still in the unlit hallway, Adam turned around fully planning on leaving and coming back later but they he recognized an all too familiar voice.

"I want to know where you took that child, tell me where he is kept."

Adam recognized Ty's voice.

"Child?" Jason snickered before adding, "I'm single Ty, I don't hav--"

Adam jumped but held a hand over his mouth as he heard the sound of glass shattering, "Hey! Watch where you swing that damn spear!" Adam heard the irritated pounding of a metal boot.

Adam inched over to the opening to the lab and peeked around the corner. Ty stood several feet away from Jason but his spear was clutched tightly in his hands. The spear was directly next to Jason who held his arms in a defensive position to his side, the fabric of his sleeves cut enough to reveal metal plates or some sort of shield on his arm.

"I'm not playing any games Jason, tell me where you put him, where have you taken our prince!"

Adam ducked back behind the wall, prince? Their king had only a wife, no children, there was no prince. What child could Ty--Adam's eyes widened. Could Ty be referring to that child from the End, but why?

Adam needed to remain calm, he should do something to stop this madness. Adam slipped the amulet into his pocket.

"And I'm saying," Adam peeked around the wall again and saw Jason push against the spear, "That I don't know what you are referring to you blundering giant! Now get out and bother someone else, I have preparations to d--what the fuck!" Jason screamed as he ducked. Ty snarled and swiped at the air Jason's head was at with his spear.