Chapter Twenty-Three [A Void Pool]

Double update! I spent all day writing this since the previous update today. This is a WAYYYYYY better chapter and has so much more intriguing things happening.

I'm proud of this chapter, and the first half of the chapter is slightly different and mysterious ;)

Will you figure out what is happening?????? (Muhahaha)

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 23 [A Void Pool]

~~~~~

"Mother please, don't worry, Azmir and I have everything under control. So please get some rest," A young woman with a somewhat tan skin and hair the color of a navy sky held tightly to another woman's hand. The woman whose hand she held trembled as silent sobs wracked through her body.

Oh, how this woman cried in sorrow for problems she never foresaw. How could that man do such a thing to an innocent child? A child hardly 10 years old with eyes like two suns and hair like sweet, dark chocolate.

The navy-haired woman stayed by her mother's side until she fell silent in her bed. With a sad smile the woman left her mother's chambers and nodded to the guard posted outside the door.

She sighed, her eyes trailed the castle walls and looked upon the legacy her family has held.

She was Aurora, first princess of the Kingdom of Celean, and heir to the throne.

"Aurora, there you are. How is she? Please tell me she has gotten better?" Aurora turned to see her brother, a man with silver hair lined with purple streaks, his red eyes expressing fatigue due to the bags that outlined them.

"Azmir, you shouldn't be worrying about that, look at you," Aurora cupped her brothers face in her hands and turned it left and right, "have you even slept?"

Her brother smacked her hand away and sighed, "Slept? Slept? Our mother is bedridden and ill, our little brother kidnapped and missing, Rekrium, our sister kingdom, now wants to go to war with us and you want to ask if I have slept? You must be out of your Notchdamn mind Aurora!"

"Do not curse upon our god's name, it is disrespectful, and you know as the oldest I must look out for you. Please, get some rest, I will handle the negotiations with Rekrium."

"Aurora, wait--"

"Azmir, I mean it, get some rest," Aurora turned away and walked down the castle halls. Her hand unknowingly reached for the hilt of her sword and rubbed the leather grip for comfort. It soothed her nerves, it reminded her that she was strong in not only mind but in body too.

The King of Rekrium should be waiting within the throne room, and for today she would take her mother's place at the head of negotiations.

~~~~~

Azmir was wracked with hate and anger at Rekrium. It was as plain as day that those damned Rekrians had taken his younger brother, but the King denied all involvement and instead blamed it on Celean's negligence.

His mother was bedridden with grief, and his sister too stubborn to continue peace talk. He needed to take matters into his own hands.

Azmir paced around his chambers in the single light of a candle, dark shadows enveloped his face and amplified the bags under his eyes. No matter where his brother was he would go the extra mile to find him, Vengeance would be his and Rekrium will pay the price for messing with this holy kingdom. No king, nor kingdom, nor living soul had any right to mess with the Origin.