Chapter Twenty-Five [Priceless]

I'm getting this chapter out early because I might've gotten more grounded and there is no guarantee that I will even have access to wattpad this weekend XD

So happy holidays, whoo! My last day of school is next Wednesday and I'm probably not going that day, or Tuesday either. (I have finals on Tuesday, but I'm not required to take them whoo)

CurseOfTheEnder I've really enjoyed your theories, reading them helped me crank out this chapter days ahead of time. So props to you, my friend! I dedicate this to you

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 25 [Priceless]

~~~~~

Adam helped Jin limp over to Jason's team who were lounging about as Jason conducted his test on the current void pool. Since there were no Endermen to fight everything was quite peaceful.

O stood beside Jason and when O turned and saw them there was a hint of relief. Jason perked up and glared at the two of them, mainly Adam, "Where the nether were you! You're on this mission to help me you imbecile!"

Adam flinched, "Sorry, I was..."

Adam couldn't really come up with anything since everything was his fault.

"It was my fault, Jason, sir. I let my guard down and was injured. Adam saved me from falling into the void, please blame me." Jin did a small bow of sorts and Jason turned back to his work and mumbled under his breath.

"Shoulda just left him..." was all Adam could hear.

Jason sighed, "Adam take what's his name back to our entrance point, he won't be able to do much in that state and will only be dead weight. Hurry back once you do."

"Yes, sir!" Adam said.

"Alright, we're moving to the next, this pool is shit too!" Jason stood up and dumped the bucket's contents. Adam and Jin watched as Jason and the rest of his team headed out towards the mountain range and away from the edge of the void.

"Come on Adam, let's hurry back."

Adam looked at Jin, "I'm sorry. You were actually chosen for this mission and I ruined it for you, because of me you're injured."

"Don't sweat, I'm not dead so that is a plus."

Adam nodded and the two of them headed back. There were still no Endermen around looking to fight them and for that Adam was relieved.

"Still--"

"Adam, have you ever seen a Player die? Like actually die...for good?"

Adam glanced at Jin as he limped beside him, "N-no, I don't think I have...why?"

"It's similar to when a Player dies and respawns. You've at least seen that, right?"

"Yeah, of course. You guys dissipate into dust but reform later back into a person."

Jin nodded, "When a Player dies for good, you'll know. It hurts, or so I've heard, it hurts far worse than a normal Player death, and then there is a glowing white light. When a Player dies...it's sudden and unexpected and there is nothing left..." Jin stopped walking, Adam stumbled as he tried not to trip over Jin.

"I'm sorry Adam to bring such depressing stuff to you. It's just when you said that Players didn't need to fear death it reminded me of someone just like that. Someone who didn't fear death but still died to quick nonetheless... That's why I got mad because...because..." Jin's voice cracked and he trembled.