Chapter Seventeen [Suspicion]

EDIT: I updated whoo. Look at me. Be proud!

GAME OVER

Chapter 17 [Suspicion]

~~~~~

“I have no recollection of something like that, what the nether do you mean by my father’s book?” Seto stood in front of Adam. Adam knew he screwed up, he wasn’t even sure if he wanted Seto to know that he saw Seto’s past.

“It’s nothing, I...I meant to say ‘I didn’t mean to mess around with your...uh...favorite book…?’” That sounded so stupid. But now that he thought about it, Seto’s response was somewhat odd. He knew that Seto told him that the downsides of living so long is the difficulty in remembering things so far back in the past. But he didn’t realize that meant he would forget a thing like that.

Seto narrowed his eyes and sighed, “Well if you won’t tell me it hardly matters. Instead I have a job for you, mind filling a few of these bottles with experience?”

Seto walked over to a chest and brought out a compressed stack of bottles, “Yes sir, what do you need them for?”

“Enchanting. There’s a good chance enchanted weapons and armor will be needed.”

“I see, well I get going then,” Adam accepted the bottles from Seto and hurried off. He was relieved he managed to hide from Seto the truth, but the fact that Seto doesn’t even seem to remember that that book belonged to his father made Adam a little sad.

How much does Seto even remember of his own life and what is it he fights for if he can’t remember something like that?

It’s true, that Seto Magi finds it hard to recall much of his past. He holds no emotion for those memories so his memories delete themselves as if they held no value. And in Seto’s cursed state, they don’t.

From the moment Seto was cursed he’s held no other passion than revenge, even if the reason for it has been forgotten the passion for it burned even brighter, but how much of it has been forgotten.

A mere trip to gather experience is a trivial detail, one that I shall spare you of. Instead we’ll stray ever so slightly to listen to Seto during this time.

~~~~~

Seto mumbled to himself as he inspected the large but old book on his desk. It seemed none of it was damaged, however what Adam said before putting it down bugged him. He knew he didn’t hear Adam wrong, he definitely called this book his father’s. However, he’s hardly thought of his parents in over a thousand years, let alone his father. He and his mother hardly spoke of him, it’s always been a touchy subject for his mother.

But now that he thinks about it, this book has been with him longer than he can remember, so perhaps it was his father’s. That would make some sense.

Now what didn’t make sense was how a Human rank would know something like that. No, Seto shook his head and left the book on the table. He headed to his room and grabbed his cloak, spinning it around his shoulders and fitting it on properly. Seto grabbed his staff next and gave it a flick.

His notepad appeared. With his free hand he thumbed through the pages. What really didn’t make sense were the traces of magic all over that brat. See, anyone can make a potion, one doesn’t need magical talent for that. But what was odd was the faint whiffs of magic Seto constantly kept noticing, so possibly that has something to do with what was going on.

Seto stopped flipping through the pages when he found what he was looking for. He wrote down a lot of notes, not to mention kept a lot of his knowledge stored away in his magically infused band developed by Jason.