Chapter Twenty-Two [Leap!]

Warning, super SHORT chapter. I wanted to get something out to you guys and this was the best I could do in the 3 weeka I haven't updated.

But don't worry, I have a plan for the next chapter that will either make it more interesting or longer. Idk which.

I apologize for how out of sync I am with updating and I hope you will stick to see the end of this book.

~~~~~

GAME OVER

Chapter 22 [Leap!]

~~~~~

It was only an hour past dawn, Adam rose when the lights turned on and he heard Seto shouting for everyone to wake up. When he sat up, Ross was already awake, dressed and eating his breakfast, which surprised him.

“Oh, I guess you woke up early.”

Ross snorted and rolled his eyes in response, with a cheek full of porridge he muttered, “You think?”

Adam merely scowled and saw his breakfast on his bedside table, so without a second thought he began eating. Well, he actually scarfed it down. He was somewhat used to doing so whenever Seto woke him up.

In only 15 minutes Adam was down in the inn lobby. Quite a few other were down here and chattering, along with 2 DROP officers. Seto was speaking to them.

Adam narrowed his eyes at Jin who promptly ignored him. Dear readers, you can definitely say without a shadow of a doubt that these two were certainly not on the best of terms. Though of have probably made that quite obvious in my story telling, nonetheless, you should be mindful of the troubles this will cause in the best new future. Because while one is a human whose nativity may be the death of him, the other is a player whose ignorance may be his downfall.

“Adam!” Adam jumped and turned around to see Jason stumbling down the stairs with a tired sigh.

“Yes sir?”

“Coffee.”

A look of confusion passed over Adam before he jumped and what Jason was asking for, “O-oh, yeah, sure. I'll make that right away!”

~~~~~

Jason was happily drinking a mug of coffee as the entire End team walked the streets of the capital.

Adam remembered that not long, when he joined the AHD, Jin asked him to show him around the capital one day. Funny how it is that he first thinks of… but even so, he realized how much he missed these streets, how much he was looking forward to the comfort of his home. Maybe he could even get his job back at the bookstore, but that might be a bit hard. Regardless of that, he was still looking forward to going home.

“People, stay together and remain quiet, it is still early and most of the citizens are sleeping,” One of the DROP officer escorts announced, the minimum chatter quieted quickly. They were left in a thick silence with only the brisk morning air to hold them.

Everyone was walking up Main Street in the direction of the castle, Adam wondered if perhaps the portal was in the castle. Would they have to go in? He never really thought he would ever enter the castle.

However, just as he was thinking these thoughts the DROP officers turned off of Main Street and headed down a narrow alley that forced everyone to travel single file. There’s no way they were going to the castle.

In fact, the DROP officers were leading them out of the capital through the East entrance.

“The terrain here is a bit uneven, please watch your step.”