Chapter 33

Jungkook

"Yes...no, no, I understand. I'm sure Jungkookie will understand too. We'll be ok. Don't worry too much, dear. Jungkook made many new friends! And one very CLOSE friend. Yes.....We will. Rest up." Grammy spoke on the phone.

I was fiddling my fingers on the kitchen counter.

Grammy puts the phone on the counter and take her time to notice me standing there.

"Grammy...is there a problem?" I ask, obviously terrified for the news.

"Jungkook. Your parents won't be able to join us this Christmas." She spoke carefully. "Your parents are hard workers. Their job overseas is tough to get a vacation."

I was relieved it wasn't something that had to do with their health.

I sighed. "I understand. Will they be coming at all?"

Grammy smiles warmly and brings me into a hug. "Not this year. Next year hopefully."

I nod sadly.

"Hey, let's get your positive attitude back! Christmas will be awesome! Come on, let's go out for dinner." Grammy laughs and grabs my hands.

I love my grandmother.

Eunhye

"I'm sorry, mother. I won't be able to come for Christmas." I say into the phone.

"Plane tickets are expensive. I understand. Oh my baby, I'm so sorry to leave you with this burden." My mom cries.

I haven't seen my mom and dad in months. I've been trying to save up money this summer to buy airplane tickets for me and my grandpa. Of course with just a job at a café and still a student, I haven't even got half the money to pay for 1 ticket.

Sad life.

"Mom, it's ok. I'll continue saving up. I'll work harder I promise."

"Baby girl, your father and I are worried."

"Mom. I'll be fine. And you all will survive with each other. I have Grandpa and we will have fun." I assure.

"Ok...ok...I'll have to end the call, baby."

"Ok, mom. Sleep well."

•••••

"Hey, Jungkook. Same special lemonade today?" I greet my cutie right when he sits down in front of me.

"Yes and a special order of you." He leans over the counter to my face.

He's been more confident lately and I'm like a proud mother watching her son grow up.