Chapter 35

After School
•••••

Eunhye

SinB and I meet up in J-hope's dance class.

"I'm going to get going, girls. Be sure to lock up afterwards." J-hope throws a key to me.

I catch it. "You're not staying?"

"I can't! I want all this to be a surprise. I trust you girls. Have fun." He smiles and leaves the room.

SinB grabs the key and throws it in her bag.

"No time wasted. Ok? We have to beat the guys in popularity. Girl Power. We're not only representing the girls in Dance, but all the girls out there." SinB preaches. "Fighting!"

"Fighting." I high five her.

We get to our stretching.

Jungkook

"I think J-hope is fine with us using his class. It's the only room with a mirror wall and loud speakers." Jimin says.

I follow him to the class.

There was already music playing.
"I guess J-hope practices after school too." I comment.

Jimin opens the door.

"J-hope seems kinda girly." He points out.

I look in and Eunhye was there dancing to Taeyeon's "Why".

"Hey!" Jimin yells.

Startled, Eunhye jumps and turns around.

"Occupied." SinB comes out of nowhere and blocks Eunhye.

"Can't believe you stole this class." Jimin shakes his head.

"We didn't steal it. We were faster." Eunhye sticks out her tongue.

I chuckle. "Come on, Jimin. Let's just go meet up with Namjoon early."

"Bye." SinB and Eunhye say in sync and close the door.

Jimin and I walk to Professor Namjoon's class and knock on the door.

"Come in." Professor Namjoon shouts.

Jimin and I enter the classroom and bow down.

"Hello, Professor Namjoon." We both say.

He chuckles. "Why are you so formal with me? I'm not that much older than you two. Let's be closer to each other."

"Professor Namjoon-"

"Ah, call me Namjoon. I'm here as a friend. Not a professor." He offers kindly.

We both nod.

"So. The first step to writing a great song is inspiration. You need passion to get your heart and mind into the process." Namjoon speaks while walking around.

"I, personally, like writing about my troubles with society, childhood, youth, and my own personal problems." He shares. "Those type of lyrics always have passion put into every letter of the song. People listening can have a connection to it and be moved by the words. Those songs are great. But they are tough to put on paper."

Jimin and I listen like he was speaking gold.

"Let's start off with Jimin." Namjoon sits in front of us.

Jimin nervously sits up straight and clears his throat.

"What's something you feel comfortable about? Something you're passionate about? Something that you want to share." Namjoon urges him.

"I would like to tell something about myself through a song. I think I'll be passionate singing about this." Jimin says.

"What is it?" Namjoon asks.

"Lately, I've been feeling insecure about myself. I doubt myself a lot and I know it's bad for me, but I can't help but blame stuff on myself. I put myself under pressure..." Jimin looks down.

"Jimin, you and me are alike." Namjoon puts a hand on his shoulder.

Jimin looks up and smiles.

"That'd be an amazing song and I already know it." Namjoon pats his back.

"Thank you." Jimin chuckles.

"What about you, Jungkook?" Namjoon turns to me.

"I think I'd like to sing about the people who shaped me to be who I am today." I say.

I didn't want to say much. I would rather have it a surprise.

"Ah, that's a meaningful idea." Namjoon pats my back.

"Thanks." I smile awkwardly.

"Well, I'm sure you two have pens and paper at home." Namjoon claps his hands and stands up.

"Wait, Namjoon, that's all?" Jimin stands up.

"Yes. The first step doesn't need much explanation. It has to be all about you, so I'm not needed in this step." Namjoon says.

"But what if we get stuck. I'm not skilled in this." I worry.

"Ah, Jungkook." Namjoon puts a hand on my shoulder. "All you need is your story on paper. Just a draft. Perfection is society's unreal expectation. Not mine. So just write your thoughts and tomorrow we'll work on it. Sound good?"

Jimin and I look at each other. Deciding with a look.

"Sounds good." Jimin nods his head.

"Thank you so much, Namjoon. Truly a genius." I shake his hand.

"Glad to help. I'll see you guys later." Namjoon waves.