Chapter 42

Jungkook

"Thank you so much for letting Jungkook and I stay here for the night." Grammy shake Jimin's mom's hand.

"My pleasure! I was a big fan of you years ago." Jimin's mom smiles.

"Oh. Well isn't that just amazing." Grammy laughs.

•••••

"Hey, Jimin." I call his name.

"Yup." His gaze on the game

"Eunhye and I broke up." I blurt out.

Jimin nearly drops his remote controller.

"Dude." He looks at me like I just did something so stupid.

Which I did.

"Stress hasn't gotten to you? At all?" I question him.

He pauses the game. "Yes! O-Of course, I'm human! But to break up with somebody....Eunhye?"

I shrug. "Jimin. I said some pretty messed up things. I yelled at her and said she's the reason why I'm so messed up."

"Whoa. Ok, I know I ditched her and that was stupid, but you blamed all this on her?" Jimin repeats.

I nod shamefully. "Yes."

"Well....are you going to get back together with her?"

"Of course! I'd be a pretty dumber person to leave things off like this. Besides, she said we could if I smooth things out."

"Have you?"

"I guess. I don't know. I was angry because I 'couldn't' paint. But I can and I reached my longed goal. She was never a problem."

"Jungkook." He says my name with a sigh.

"Hmm?"

"The dance. How are you two going to dance with each other? Will the connection still be there?" Jimin asks.

I chuckle. "Oh, it'll be there. It's never leaving."

"You two-"

"Yah! JIMIN! I'm trying to get BEAUTY sleep before tomorrow! Keep the noise DOWN! If I get eye bags tomorrow I'M COMING FOR YOUR DOLLS!"

I furrow my brows. "Jin?"

"Jin."

•••••

Jimin, Jin, and I leave his home in the morning.

"We'll be in the performance stage all day practicing

"We'll be in the performance stage all day practicing. No need to wear school uniforms." Jimin reasons and I agree.

We take the bus together.

"Aren't you suppose to be with your girlfriend?" Jin asks when he notices me sticking with them.

Jimin and I give each other a look.

"Jin, Eunhye and I....we aren't dating anymore." I let out carefully.

Jin stops in his track.

"Jin, don't be so extra-" Jimin turns around, but Jin cuts him off.

"Dating no more! You! Eunhye!" Jin raged.

"Jin! Shh!" I panic.

"How can THAT be possible?" He continues.

"Aish." I put a hand on my forehead. "It's my fault, Jin. I messed it all up."

Jin walks towards me with a finger out. "Your fault?"

"I have everything under control, ok? After all the business of the assembly, I'll fix this." I defend myself.

"You better. You two are perfect for each other! Literally! I know love when I see it, you know." Jin says with a smart tone.

"Yeah, yeah." Jimin pushes him forward.

We enter the classroom with Namjoon. He greets us happily and sits us down.

"We will go through our songs once, then we'll hit the recording studio to put together everything. Got it?" He claps his hands

"Got it." We respond.

•••••

After doing everything with the songs, we went to the backstage dressing rooms for costume and makeup.

"Hey! Good morning! Good morning!" Hoseok greets us loudly when we enter the room.

"Hey, Hoseok. So where do we start?" Jin asks.

"Costume. Everything is labeled in the rooms over there. The stylist noonas will help you." Hoseok guides us.

We separate and I go to the room with my name on it. And Eunhye's...

"Uh, excuse me?" I open the door.

A stylist noona looks up. "Yes?"

"Why am I sharing a room with Eunhye?" I ask.

"We are limited to private dressing rooms. We decided to let the couple share." She answers and gets back to the clothing.

I hang my head.

Awkward....

Eunhye

"Taehyung!" I scream.

I run up to him and give him a huge hug.

"Where have you been? You totally disappeared after your wedding!" I scold him while hitting his arm.

"Rose and I decided to do more things together. Anyway! I came back when I heard there was a huge pep assembly going on starring my favorite cousin." He winks at me.

I scoff. "You missed a lot. Where's Rose?"

"She's at her work."

"Oh."

"Come on! I'll give you a ride! There's no way I missing rehearsal."

Jungkook

The stylist put me in the first outfit. Just a simple white button up and black jeans.

She leads me outside to have my hair and makeup done.

I see Jimin wearing the same outfit as me.

"Yah! Why are you copying me? You must like me so much." Jimin snorts.

"Like you? I had this on first!" I argue like a baby.

"No need to argue, little ones." Jin walks out of his room. "After seeing me, you know who rocks the outfit more."

"You all look great." Ailee rushes towards us. "And I'm so excited to hear you all. I ruined it for myself and heard a bit while you were in the recording studio. But I'm still excited! Go out to the stage for rehearsal."

We follow her instructions.

•••••

"Ailee will introduce you one by one. It's Jimin, Jin, then Jungkook. You start by singing your songs first, then we'll move onto the dance." One stage staff says.

We nod.

"Ok. Get ready."