Chapter 37

Jungkook

"2 weeks until the assembly." J-hope chirps with his hands in the air.

Jimin nudges my shoulder. "Excited?"

I gulp down my nervousness and nod.

"Gather around, younglings. I have something else to say." He adds and motions us to sit down.

"I had a meeting with the staff and they would like to see a boy and girl collab dance." J-hope says.

I start getting more nervous inside.

"J-hope. We already have 2 dance performances. Singing from 4 solos in Vocal. Don't we have a time limit or something?" Eunhye mentions.

J-hope chuckles and shakes his head. "Darling youngsters. This isn't a regular school pep assembly. This is SUAS Assembly. It's like this huge concert."

Jimin, Eunhye, SinB, and I eye each other.

Wow...we'll be like...famous people...

That's not scaring me at all.

"So which two of you would like to do a partner dance?" J-hope clasps his hands together.

"Well how about a suggestion- the ONLY talented couple!" SinB pushes Eunhye towards me.

I turn red when Eunhye grabbed my hand.

"Then it's settled. Hope you two can learn something within two weeks." J-hope pats us on the back.

Ok...well poop. I have to compose a song, memorize the lyrics, and practice my solo choreography.

He turns around and heads for the door, then he turns back to us.

"I thought you guys already had so much on your plate, so I thought of a choreography that'll be perfect for you guys. I actually wanted to do this myself, but I figured my students will fit it best. I know I'm your Dance teacher, but I do really want to see you all as a surprise. So I'll help out just a little then I'll be off. Is that good?"

"Yeah." We all agree.

"Good. I'll send you the link and I'll meet up with you tomorrow."

•••••

I finally got free time to draw on my new canvas my Grammy gifted me for Christmas.

I've been so busy with school that I almost never home. Even if I am, I'm exhausted.

I start warming myself up by mixing colors and doing some finger painting.

My phone beeps and I force myself to check it.

It's the link.

I get another text but from Eunhye saying "got the link, let's meet up at my home to practice".

I rest my eyes.

"Well. Goodbye canvas." I set down the paintbrushes.

This might be a bad sign.

I change into comfortable clothing and head downstairs.

"Jungkook? Where you off to?" Grammy notices me rushing

"Uh, Eunhye's house. We have practicing to do." I answer while putting on my shoes.

"Didn't you and Jimin already practice this morning?"

"The dance Eunhye and I are doing is different."

"Well that's much, isn't it?" Grammy says. "It's almost like you're a trainee."

I laugh at her comparison. "Grammy, I'll manage."

"Will you be home for dinner?"

I place a hand on my forehead, trying to remember my schedule. "Um...I don't know yet, Grammy. I might have to be with Jin, Jimin, and Namjoon to work on our songs."

"Goodness gracious. Have you eve played with you new canvas I got you?" Grammy puts her hands on her hips.

I shake my head stiffly. "Haven't had much free time, Grammy. I'm sorry, but I have to get going. Bye."

"Good luck, baby!"

•••••

Eunhye

"Jungkook, what's the matter?" I sit down next to him against the wall.

We were halfway into practice and Jungkook seemed off.

He takes a swish of his water and looks away. "I just...I feel overworked."

"Oh, it's about that." I sigh.

"I have a lot on my plate and it's not even Thanksgiving." He says with a little chuckle at the end.

I giggle at his joke so he wouldn't feel bad.

"Is there something I can do that'll help?" I grab his hand.

He looks at me and just smiles.

"What's that suppose to be?" I blush.

"Just you. Being with you makes me forget about my problems." He says sweetly and kisses my cheek.

"Awh." I cup my cheek.

"Now let's get to practice. We're almost finished." He helps me stand up and playfully pushes me forward.

"Oh! I have to lock the door." I rush to the door.

"Why? What are you planning?" Jungkook smirks.

I laugh loudly to hide my embarrassment. "Nothing, nothing, Jungkook. The dance is a bit much so I don't want my Grandpa to walk in on the wrong moment."

"Like the part of the dance where you're bent down-"

"Yeah." I stop him quickly.