Chapter 6

A/N: Hey guys, this is my NaNoWriMo project this year, so expect more frequent updates assuming I can hit my goal of 50,000 words and finish this thing! Fingers crossed and please pray for me because with my schedule, I'll need it.

Hope you guys enjoy!

***

Chapter 6

I stood near the entrance to the waiting room, waiting for my time management challenged best friend to show his face. I was only at this audition to support Blake – and get food with him afterwards – and he wasn't even here yet.

I took my phone out and sent him a quick text to check up on him. Where are you?

He responded almost immediately. Leaving my place now.

I rolled my eyes. Fam. I've been here for ten minutes already.

Another quick response. My audition isn't for another 45 minutes...

Oh. Damn it. I must have gotten the time wrong. That meant I was an hour early. What was I supposed to do for an hour? Stand here and watch newbie actors flop their auditions or fawn over me and ask for advice? I could have been doing better things with my time, but I was already there. There was no point in leaving and then coming back. If I left and didn't come back, Blake would probably get pissed. Damn.

One of the girls seated in the lobby kept glancing over at me like she wanted to come over. She wasn't the best looking girl in the room – and there were only two other girls in the room, so it wasn't like she had a lot of competition – and I was struggling not to make a face at her, hoping the lack of attention directed towards her clearly said, "Please don't talk to me."

My back was to the entrance when it happened. I just so happened to subconsciously take a step back as I was texting Blake again and by sheer bad luck, someone rammed right into me right as I did so. The cup of Starbucks coffee that I was holding fell to the floor and splashed all over the floor and my shoes as a voice grunted at the impact. "Sorry!" she said.

"Watch where you're going," I snapped. What the fuck? This was the last thing I needed today. I shouldn't have even been here at this time. This was just my fucking luck.

I turned around and looked at the girl who had run into me. Of course. Of course it had to be Sophia Hastings. Why was it always her?

Her apologetic tone quickly disappeared, maybe because of my less than understanding reaction, or, more probably, because it was me she had run into and she for some reason hated my guts. "Why don't you?" she snapped right back.

The coffee managed to splash on her somehow even though I'd been standing between her and the drink. I could see coffee droplets on the bottom of her legs. My eyes traveled up her legs until I finally made it back to her face. As much as I hated to admit it, she would probably have won the title of most attractive girl in the room if she were in competition with the rest of the girls here.

I mean, she was alright. She would be hotter if she liked me more.

"You're the one who ran into me," I finally said. My thoughts had started drifting, making me look like an idiot with my slow reaction. I looked down at my poor coffee. I only got to drink about half of it because of her. This girl was starting to turn into the bane of my existence. "Can someone clean this up? This is a mess!"

"If you hadn't been standing right at the entrance, this wouldn't have happened," Sophia said, checking the folder in her hand, probably to make sure the contents weren't harmed. Why did she have a folder?