Chapter 11

Chapter 11

As useful as Frank was most of the time – and as admittedly lost as I would be without a manager – he was really fucking annoying sometimes. He had been bugging me for the last few days to schedule a meeting with Sophia to "discuss things that are pertinent to all of our careers."

I wasn't sure what these "pertinent things" were, but I had a feeling this meeting wasn't going to go the way he was expecting. If he was going to suggest what I thought he was going to suggest, he had another thing coming.

I knew what was most likely going to happen, yet I still let it unfold before me because I thought it would be entertaining. Looking back, I realize how wrong I was.

Wednesday morning, I finally humored him and sent Sophia a text message to try to get the ball rolling. Hey, Frank and I need to talk to you.

She actually had the nerve to reply: Who is this?

Christian. Who else would it be?

It took her a few minutes to respond, but at least she responded instead of ignoring my message, which was what I half-expected her to do. It probably would have been better to just ask her in person, but this was the kind of thing I could only pull off via text where she couldn't harass me into admitting what this was all about. Who is Frank?

Seriously? Frank Renaldo. My manager. Come on, Hastings. Get it together.

How did you even get my number? I never gave it to you.

I paused. Technically, I still had her number from when Frank tracked her down and gave me all of her information, but I didn't think that was the safest response. It would just freak her out and was admittedly really creepy. Instead, I said, Blake gave it to me. I figured you already had my number.

She had given Blake her number but not me. I had a feeling Blake exaggerated how close they were and how often they texted to piss me off, but still. Blake and I were pretty fucking similar, hence the friendship. What was it about me that she hated but didn't mind when it came to Blake? I called bullshit.

Why would I already have your number?

Oh, for fucks sake. Just meet us at my trailer in 30 mins.

She was insufferable even over text. She didn't even use any emojis, either. What kind of girl didn't use emojis? Or maybe she did and just didn't want to use them with me. Girls were petty like that.

She didn't reply, which I took as a "yes." I texted Frank and told him to meet me here in 30 minutes. He actually replied, which was just as well because I would have been pissed if he hadn't. I knew for a fact that man was on his phone 24/7.

Thirty minutes later, Frank was in my trailer and Sophia was nowhere to be found. She was probably in her trailer – which was right next door – and was just taking her sweet ass time getting over here.

"Where is she?" Frank asked, looking annoyed at me, as if her lack of timeliness was my fault.

"How am I supposed to know? I'm not her keeper." I turned around in my seat to look out the window and managed to knock my beer can down and spill it all over myself.

"Oh, fuck me." This was just what I needed. She was going to show up right when I needed to change my clothes and would twist it around so she could go around telling everyone I was having a drunken affair with my manager or something fucked up like that.

Frank looked at me with disgust. "Clean that up before she gets here. I'm trying to discuss business here."

"Because I really needed you tell me that," I said. "I was just going to walk around soaked in beer for shits and giggles."