Chapter 25

A/N: For those of you who read the first draft of Better Than Revenge, from here on out you'll see quite a lot of changes from the first draft so don't be alarmed if you don't remember something happening - it probably didn't!

***

Chapter 25

"Give it a rest, Soph," I said, rolling my eyes. "She won't make us do the scene."

The screenwriters were now considering turning our make-out scene into a sex scene because it had gone so successfully and they thought upping the passion even more was now a possibility. Somehow I didn't think they realized that still wasn't going to go over well with Sophia. I usually didn't mind sex scenes, but the last scene we'd done together was pushing it far enough with her. This was a marathon, not a sprint.

Nora was into the idea and had been the one who'd told us about it. She said they were discussing it right now and seeing if it would "add to our story." Well, our characters' story, anyway. I wasn't sure what kind of story Sophia and I had going on at the moment.

"How do you know?" she asked. "She sounded pretty serious to me."

Honestly, I didn't know but I figured appeasing her was the best option. It was either that or listen to her complain about having to do a sex scene with me for the rest of the week.

"Sex scenes are part of the job. Just go with it, Hastings," Blake said, giving me an over-the-top wink. Because that wasn't fucking obvious or anything.

"I will not 'just go with it," Sophia said. "One thing is a kissing scene. Another thing is a mostly naked kissing scene. I bet Nora's doing this to punish us for the stunts we pulled last month." She looked down at her sandwich in disdain like this conversation was affecting her appetite. Great sign.

"She won't make us do the scene," I insisted, shoving some french fries in my mouth. Honestly, I still wasn't sure if Nora was being serious about it or if she was trying to coerce us into keeping up our good behavior by using it as a threat. "If she does and it is a punishment, it'll be your fault. I mean, compared to you, I'm the nice one."

"You bring it out in me. I'm nice to most other people."

"Right," I said, taking the opportunity to shove some more fries in my mouth.

"Don't play stupid. Though now that I think about it, you probably aren't playing, are you?"

I snorted. That wasn't one of her best ones, at least considering what she'd come up with in the past. Maybe she was losing her touch. "Lame. That was a fail."

Her reply was immediate and I quickly realized she definitely still had her touch. "So was your dad's condom."

Instead of taking my side, Blake, like usual, turned on me and laughed at my expense. Laughter wasn't even a good way to describe it. It was more like howling than laughter. "Oh ho, ho, burn!"

Sophia laughed at Blake's reaction, while I mostly sulked. Why did her jokes always have to be at my expense? Blake was as good a target as I was, yet it was always me that got burned. Not fucking cool.

I was distracted by a girly voice screaming Sophia's name from a distance. We collectively looked over and saw it was Tori carrying a big bag and running towards our table.

"What are you doing here?" Sophia asked. "You didn't skip school, did you?"

Tori had started going to a beauty school in the city recently, which was why she was on set less than before. Before that she'd shown up pretty regularly. It was a good break for Sophia, who was usually stuck with Blake and me since she hated Savannah, the girl who ironically played her best friend on screen.