Chapter 30

A/N: FINGERS CROSSED THIS CHAPTER ACTUALLY POSTS. Let me know if you guys have issues with this one (and maybe those who were having problems seeing chapter 29 will be able to see it now.)

***

Chapter 30

I left the bouquet of lilies in Sophia's trailer the next morning. I figured she'd be more receptive to the flowers if I just left them there than if I shoved them in her face while muttering an apology, which was what would have probably gone down had I stood by her trailer and waited for her to get here. It was locked but I managed to convince an intern to find the keys and let me in.

It would have been a nicer gesture if my dumbass had thought of adding an apologetic note with my name on it before locking the door to her trailer again. By the time I thought of it, it was too late. The intern and his key were long gone. She might not even realize they were from me.

I didn't see much of Sophia in the morning. She was off at a nearby high school shooting some scenes on her own and shooting some with Savannah. It was probably for the best. People on set were still being shitty to her and very obviously talking about us behind our backs.

I was mostly worried about the comments Savannah was probably making about her and maybe even to her face. They'd never been quiet about their dislike of each other and I was worried Savannah would use this opportunity to try to tear Sophia down.

Not that it was that easy to tear Sophia down. She was one strong motherfucker. Was that a rude way to refer to the girl you liked? That was probably rude. At least it was just in my head and she didn't hear me say it.

Lunch came and went and I still had yet to run into Sophia. Considering we were shooting a scene together after lunch, she couldn't exactly avoid me for much longer. At least it wasn't the scene where we had to make out in bed.

I texted Tori on my way over to the set. Did you find him? Please tell me Bubba didn't eat him.

I'd decided to take it a step further and get Sophia something a little more memorable than her favorite flowers. I'd even gone so far as to give Tori the keys to my house and trust her with the kitten I'd gotten for Sophia. All I could do now was hope she liked the surprise.

Tori's reply was immediate. I found him safe and sound hiding under your bed. He's in her trailer now. I left him with some water, catnip and a squeaky toy so idk he should be fine. Are you sure I can't keep him instead???

I rolled my eyes. Don't touch that cat Tori

I shut my phone off when I reached the set without waiting for another reply, standing slightly off the set at first while the cameramen got some shots of Sophia sitting in a small prison cell with nothing but a bench inside. She was dressed in what looked like leggings and a black Nike jacket, as if she were about to go jogging. I chuckled at the irony. Sophia didn't jog. The only time she might speed-walk is if there was food to get to.

When I was given my cue, I walked in and stood in front of the cell, slightly to the side. "Rage," I said, my weird-ass nickname for her once again surfacing.

She'd moved from her sitting position and was now curled up into a ball with her eyes closed. She responded with a mumbled, "Will."

"I can't believe him," I said, my eyes glued to the little nugget-looking figure that was Sophia/Emma. Sunlight was being directed into the cell so that it hit her face.

Her eyes fluttered open, squinting in the sunlight. She blinked several times until her eyes finally focused on me. It was the first time she'd really looked at me in days. I was pretty sure I was having a heart attack. Was it possible to have a heart attack at 21? Because I was pretty sure I was in the middle of one.