Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I went back to my trailer after Sophia left, avoiding Cassie's advances with some excuse about having to prepare for my next scene. She offered to "help" me prepare for it by "relaxing" me. When I said no, she literally grabbed my crotch and insisted we go back to my trailer.

And for the first time in my life, I turned her down. I'd never been one to turn down sex or a good blowjob, especially from Cassie – even though she was bat-shit crazy, as we'd already established, but I did. And I wasn't sure if I wanted to admit why that was.

"What the hell, Christian?" Cassie snapped her hand back and crossed her arms. "Since when do you turn me down?"

I didn't have a good answer to that because even I wasn't sure why. "I don't know. Sorry, Cass, but when we broke up a few months ago, it was for good. We're done – done dating and done hooking up."

"Why, because of her?" She pointed in the direction Sophia had gone even though she was nowhere to be found. "Are you seriously choosin' her over me? Are you insane? You know damn well she ain't got nothin' on me."

I shrugged. "That's where you're wrong. I'll see you around, Cass, but you need to accept that it's over and leave us alone."

I left before she could jump me again and headed back to my trailer, making sure to lock the door behind me this time. She didn't try to follow me. She was like me in that her ego was the size of an elephant, but even an ego as big as Cassie's could only take so many blows in one day. Between Sophia's snappy remarks and my refusal, she'd probably had enough.

When I heard a knock at my door a few minutes later, I almost didn't answer assuming it was Cassie.

"Yo, Chris, open the fucking door," Blake said from outside. "There's mosquitos out here and they're eating me alive. Come on –" His sentence was cut off by a girly scream, probably thanks to the above mentioned mosquitos.

I rolled my eyes. My best friend, ladies and gentlemen. My best friend.

I could've let him suffer some more out there but decided to be a decent friend for once and let him in. "You better not have let any mosquitos in here. Close the fucking door, Blake, you're letting them in."

I swatted at the air to get one away from me and had to pull out a fly swatter to squash it. I should've just left him outside.

"How did Cassie's visit go?" Blake asked, still carefully surveying his surroundings. I had a feeling he already knew how it went.

"How do you think it went?" I shook my head. "She's fucking nuts. She told Sophia off and pretty much told her to stay away from me."

Blake sat down on the couch, finally content with his surroundings. "And what did Sophia say?"

I shrugged, leaning against the kitchen counter. "She said she wasn't interested in me so she had nothing to worry about. But..."

"But what?"

I chose my words carefully, trying not to seem like some idiot with a schoolgirl crush who read too much into small exchanges. "But she said Cassie would never know how she really feels about me because she's not a mind reader."

This finally piqued Blake's interest, who had previously been distracted by his phone, probably because he'd heard the whole exchange like me. "Ah. There it is."

"There what is?"

Blake stared at my face for the longest time before grinning. "You're into her."

"What? No, I'm not."

"Oh, but you are," he said. "I've been watching you guys from the start. There's a fine line between love and hate, you know. At least that's what my grandma said when I asked why she and my grandpa were together if they hated each other. She tried to kill him once. She says it was an accident, but she knew he was allergic to mayonnaise."