Chapter 14

A/N: Chapters like these are why I'm glad I decided to write this story in Christian's point of view. Also I may or may not have had a few too many glasses of wine the night I wrote this (same night as the previous chapter.) Oh well.

Another note: this is a revised, updated version of Better Than Revenge in a different point of view. I repeat: this is not the exact same book.

I repeat: I was 14 when I wrote Better Than Revenge and I hate a lot of the first draft. I'm almost 20 now. I can't even read through the first draft anymore, much less use it as the base for another story.

I repeat (hopefully for the last time): this version is different than BTR. I'm grateful for the support it received and is still receiving, but it's in the past for me, at least that first draft, anyway. I hope you guys understand and enjoy this new version!

***

Chapter 14

I felt more relief than I had expected when I found out we were finally starting off-set shooting. There were some scenes at a few different locations, which meant Blake and I finally got to spend a day away from the set and a day away from girly drama.

We had shot a good amount of the middle of the movie already, which mostly took place at the house that made up most of the set, but there were some scenes on the road that still needed to be shot.

And by on the road, I meant literally on the road. My character and Blake's character were literally stranded on the road for a couple of scenes – in our boxers. I was going to have sand and rocks in places there should never be sand or rocks after this.

"Christian, I want you to lay on the side of the road a few feet away from where Blake is laying. But make sure you look like you were messily shoved onto the side of the road, not like you're in the middle of a peaceful slumber," Nora said to me once we were getting ready to shoot.

"You got it. I'll take the position of a dead body on the side of the road that's not actually dead," I said.

"Perfect," Nora said with a chuckle.

"See? I'm funny," I said, taking my spot a few feet away from an equally half-naked Blake.

"No, you're not," Blake said from his position on the ground.

"Shut up. You're supposed to be unconscious."

Blake just laughed at me but said nothing more.

I sat down on the ground and tried to make myself semi-comfortable before trying to settle into a position that looked somewhat like Nora described. I apparently did a good enough job, because no one came over to adjust me.

"3... 2... 1... and... action!" Nora called out.

With that, I was no longer Christian Ryder. For this scene, and for the scenes that would follow, I was William Knight. Well, okay, there was still a little Chris left in there.

I laid there on the ground for about five seconds trying to fully regain consciousness. I made a few fidgety movements to indicate I was starting to come to. I was waking up with a killer headache after being attacked by Sophia's character. Shocker, right? I definitely could not see that happening in real life, said no one ever.

I opened my eyes and squinted at the mix of the sun's rays shining on my face and the camera lights on me. Actually, that wasn't accurate. I opened one eye. The other had been taped shut and painted over with makeup to look like a black eye. Sophia's character, Emma, apparently had enough of a fight in her to give my character a black eye. I questioned the logistics of it – mostly because it made my character look like a pussy – but it wasn't my script. I was just the one acting it out.