Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Blake's face was red with laughter, if you could even call his breathy heaves laughter. He was doubled over like he was in pain – and I hoped he was in pain – all because I'd been dumb enough to tell him what happened last night.

"You... she... hahaha," he choked out, still unable to form coherent sentences.

"It's not funny," I snapped. I was regretting telling him the story more and more each second that passed.

"Hell yeah it is," he exclaimed, finally having calmed down enough to produce a real sentence. He wiped the tears from his eyes and resumed his laughter. "This is the greatest day of my life."

I was never going to live this one down. I had a feeling Sophia would never bring it up again out of sheer embarrassment, but Blake? Blake was going to hold this over my head for the rest of our lives.

"I can't believe you didn't lock the fucking door," Blake said once he'd calmed down again. "Did you learn nothing growing up?"

"I don't know why I didn't lock it, okay? It just slipped my mind, I guess."

I don't think Blake even heard me because he'd once again resumed his laughter. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I was out of here.

"Hey, come on, where are you going?" Blake called out once I turned my back and started to leave. "I haven't even gotten through half of my dick jokes!"

"And that's exactly why I'm leaving," I said without turning around. I left his trailer and headed back to mine, carefully peering around for Sophia, but she was nowhere to be found. Actually, I hadn't seen her all day, not even during our lunch break. Something told me that was no accident and she didn't want to be found.

I didn't see her for the rest of the day since we were filming separate scenes. She was filming some at the high school set while I was filming two on my own and one with the guy playing my father.

At the end of the day, I headed home by myself. It was a Friday night but I didn't feel like doing anything, even after the week I'd had. I guess it was going to be a guy's night in with Bubba.

My phone buzzed as I was walking up the steps to my front door. It was a text from Blake. What are you doing tonight?

Chilling with my dog, I replied. You?

Same. I'll bring the booze. Be there in 20.

I furrowed my eyebrows at my phone. I was willing to bet 75% of the times Blake and I hung out, it wasn't because I invited him but because he just showed up or invited himself over and made himself at home.

Shaking my head, I opened the door and was attacked by a 25 lb. nutball. 

"Did someone miss me?" I asked, shutting the door behind me and dropping onto my knees to pet Bubba. I was kind of ashamed to admit I tended to adopt the dreaded baby voice when I talked to my dog – but only when it was just the two of us. That didn't make us any less manly. "I missed you too. Yes, I did."

Bubba barked in response. His bark was starting to get tougher and tougher. Okay, maybe tough wasn't the right word considering he was only four months old, but he was getting there.

"I bet you're hungry," I told him, standing up and gesturing for him to follow me. I didn't really have to gesture because he tended to follow me around the house, anyway. "Let's go get some food. I'm ordering takeout, so you can have your fancy dog kibble shit today."

Bubba went right for the bowl as soon as I started pouring food in it. He didn't even stop to breathe until it was all gone and then looked at me as if he expected me to give him more.