Chapter 29

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to get this out! I've been taking a ridiculously fast-paced summer class, working, writing for a newspaper and a magazine, and redoing my room this past month, but my class is over and my room is done, so updates will come more often from now on.

Next update will be up after I get back from my mini-vacation next week!

SORRY GUYS! I've pasted the actual chapter to this part twice now and it won't publish the changes but it should be up now!

Edit: I'm not sure why some people are still having problems seeing the chapter, but my best advice would be to update your library/update the app and see if that works, or try viewing it online either on your mobile browser or a laptop browser if all else fails.

***

Chapter 29

I spent that night lying awake in my bed, replaying last night's events over and over again, hating myself more and more each time it played in my head. Hating myself for the guy I'd been and hating myself for not realizing who Sophia was sooner. I'd thought she seemed familiar from the start but never made the connection. How could I have been so stupid?

The fact that I hadn't even recognized her had to have added to the sting of having to work with the asshole who bullied her and then took her virginity when he thought she was hot enough.

I turned to the side and grabbed my phone, my fingers hovering over Sophia's contact. There was so much I wanted to say to her, but I didn't even know where to begin. I hadn't even apologized for my behavior. Not really. I think it was more me feeling sorry for myself and the situation I found myself in than actually taking the time to apologize for who I'd been and pledge to be better.

I sighed and locked my phone again. Whatever it was that I said to her, it couldn't be over text. For one, that made it too easy for her to ignore me or delete the message without even reading it. But most importantly, it was the cowardly way out of giving a real apology. And a real apology was what she deserved.

But when I arrived on set the next morning, my plan to apologize took a detour and my cowardice set in. I didn't even have to come in until lunchtime, but I'd gone in earlier to try to talk to Sophia before she went to go shoot her scenes. Instead, I hid in my trailer until I got hungry enough to go get some lunch.

As soon as I left my trailer and passed a few people, I realized the tension on set was at an all-time high, even higher than during the time Sophia and I had it out for each other. I guess I couldn't blame them. I mean, what a plot twist: it turned out we actually had a history no one else knew about – until now.

All eyes were on me as I walked over to get some pizza. It was mostly just stares and hushed whispers that followed me, but I could sometimes hear what they were saying. It wasn't good. They either painted Sophia as a "slut" for sleeping with me – never mind the fact that I was damn sure I'd slept with more people than her – or me as a jackass for taking advantage of her. I'd take the second one over the first any day. At least that one had some truth to it.

I didn't see her at first. I grabbed my lunch and sat down at a table by myself. I usually sat with either Blake or Sophia. Sitting with her was obviously out of the question, and I didn't know where Blake was but wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, anyway.

I ate my food slowly, staring at the ground because it was the only thing left to stare at that wouldn't stare at me in return. Okay, I guess there were plenty of other inanimate objects to stare at that were incapable of staring back at me, but that was beside the point. The point was the only company I wanted was company that couldn't talk, stare, point or breathe.