Chapter 26

A/N: Get the popcorn ready and settle down, guys... you'll see why as you keep reading.

***

Chapter 26

I still couldn't get Blake to tell me what he was planning. I didn't think he'd do anything terribly over the top, but with him – and Tori – behind the plot, I couldn't be sure. I just hoped whatever it was wouldn't get me in trouble with Sophia.

Sophia, Blake and I had a few more scenes to shoot that day, so Blake and I took some ridiculously staged pictures with Tori in between shooting. But that was about it. I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did. Shooting for the movie was almost done with just some of the trickier scenes left to do. Maybe that would include a sex scene, maybe not. I was just kind of bummed that my time with Sophia was almost up and I had a feeling she wouldn't want anything to do with me after this if she didn't have to be near me.

I was about to leave my trailer for the day when Blake barged in and stop me. "Stay here for a few more minutes. Actually, don't leave until it's 9:45, okay? Just trust me on this one."

I looked at him suspiciously. "Why?"

He didn't answer my question, evading it like he'd been doing all day instead. "Just stay in here until then, okay?"

Against my better judgment, I agreed, only because I was out of ideas on how to approach this thing with Sophia and worse, I was running out of time, too. If I couldn't think of a way to get her to keep talking to me after this movie, maybe Blake could.

I left my trailer right at 9:45 pm, heading towards the exit all while carefully examining my surroundings. I had no idea what to expect. But what I saw was the last thing I would've expected to see.

Sophia was standing by the exit, most likely waiting for Tori so they could go home together. I didn't see Tori at first, but I was still pretty far away at this point. I only recognized Sophia because I would know that ass from a mile away. It was the kind of ass you just didn't forget.

Tori appeared out of nowhere with Blake in tow. Whatever it was they were talking about, they seemed like they were getting pretty into it. Tori ran ahead of him and straight past Sophia, screaming, "Wait for me! I need to use the bathroom!"

She was loud enough that I could hear her from where I was at that moment, which was still pretty far away. But that was Tori for you.

Sophia turned and watched her run in the direction of the main building where the bathrooms were at. I never went in there since I had a bathroom in my trailer, but it was where everyone else went unless they wanted to use a Porta Potty, and no one wanted to use a Porta Potty.

Blake kept walking towards Sophia and stopped when he was right in front of her. I stopped in my tracks, too nervous to keep walking. He was going to fuck this up. He was definitely going to fuck this up. Oh, God, why had I agreed to let him help me? I didn't need help. I was Christian Ryder, for fuck's sake.

I couldn't hear what he was saying. Whatever it was, he must have whispered it. Sophia said something in response, and I started getting closer again without really realizing it.

And then he grabbed her by the waist, pulled her closer, and leaned down and kissed her. He fucking kissed her. After all of that talk of hooking us up and helping me out, he fucking took the moment for himself and kissed her.

Before I knew it, I had reached them and was pushing Blake off of her. I guess seeing your best friend making out with the girl you were falling in love with really made you move.

"Blake, what the hell are you doing?" I flung him further away with me, my fists clenching in anger without my knowledge or approval. I knew how this must have looked to Sophia, but I didn't care. She may not have been my girl, but Blake knew damn well I wanted her to be, more than I'd ever wanted any other girl. And this was how he "helped" me? By trying to seduce her?