Chapter 18

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I've been busy with school and just got out of a relationship so I haven't really been in the writing mood. Writing is proving to be a good distraction so the next update should be coming soon!

***

Chapter 18

I was in hell.

Chloe may have been the most recent attachment of mine, but she definitely wasn't the only one. I'd thought I'd be safe at work and was even glad when Nora asked the four main characters to come in on Saturday. We normally only worked Monday through Friday but we were a little behind schedule.

But I wasn't safe, not even at work. Those vultures found me and attacked me in my own trailer.

Okay, so attacked was kind of a strong way to put it, but I was feeling pretty attacked by the end of the day. Several girls claimed they were also in a "secret relationship" with me, which for starters was total bullshit. I never used the word relationship when I talked to or slept with a girl, and this was exactly why. I did everything right and I was still getting the shitty end of the stick.

Security kept some of them away, but they didn't succeed in keeping all of them away. I could hear the first girl's screams from inside my trailer. Something about needing to talk to me and telling her father about this. That must have been Lyssa. Her dad owned a major record label, but her voice was so terrible even he couldn't make a star out of her.

The other girl got me when I was out of my trailer, and unfortunately Sophia was around for this one. I didn't look at her so she wouldn't see how annoyed I was by all of this, but I had a feeling I didn't even need to for her to know.

"Christian Dean Ryder," she said. I think her name started with a B. Or a V? No, it was definitely a B... B... Bree! That was it. "My friends were right about you. You're a stupid, cheating scumbag!"

"Bree, can we not do this here?" Please tell me I got her name right. If I'd fucked that up, too, I was pretty much a dead man walking.

"No, we're gonna do this wherever I want. You're a liar, Chris. I thought you would change for me. I never want to see you again."

Okay, in my defense, I'd never promised her anything. I'd never told her I had feelings for her. I'd never really told her anything that didn't revolve around her being physically attractive. Yet I was still the bad guy here.

"Bree, I never lied to you –"

"You're a liar!" she repeated, obviously not paying attention to a single word I was saying in my defense. "You don't deserve me."

She looked like she was about to cry so I moved in a little closer so we could talk more privately. "Bree, you know I said I wasn't looking for anything serious. You said you were cool with that. If you weren't, that's your own—"

She didn't let me finish. She slapped me across the face instead. Nice. She huffed loudly, gave me another glare, and stormed away.

I glanced around for Sophia to see how much of that she'd witnessed, but she was nowhere to be found. But I know I'd heard her wheezy laughter from behind me while Bree was letting me have it.

Two more girls showed up after Bree, one of which was kind of justified – I may or may not have drunkenly told her I had feelings for her when it was really my dick that had feelings for her – and the other which definitely wasn't considering it'd been a pretty long time since I'd slept with her. There was no reason for her to have been offended by all of this.

The one I'd lied to about my feelings actually came back and begged me to give her another chance. Without any alcohol fueling my tongue, I had enough sense to shoot her down this time.