Ever Read The Cat Who Could Read Backwards? Pt.2

The charade that Hoseok and Jungkook had created for themselves was hardly a charade at this point. It had been four weeks since the grocery store incident and they would consider themselves friends now.

They were at the bar and Jungkook was shamelessly drunk. He was already drunk when he took shaky steps into Hoseoks bar which was weird because people usually leave that way.

Drunk enough that Hoseok had to put his hands on Jungkooks shoulders when he sat on the bar stool because he almost fell face first into the counter.

"You know Hoseok cops are jerks. And I I'm sick of it."

"Yeah, cops are jerks Jungkook, is that what you came here to tell me?"

Jungkook swiveled in his stool and Hoseok worriedly stuck his hands out in case he was going to fall over.

The more surprising thing about this entrance of Jungkooks was that Hoseok had only opened up twenty minutes before which meant it was only four o'clock in the afternoon and here was Jungkook already shit faced.

"Jungkook are you okay? Do you need anything?"

Jungkook didn't respond properly. In a matter of fact he didn't respond to Hoseok at all, it was more like he was talking to someone he had made up in his head.

Hoseok couldn't do much else for the man at the counter and tended to the other things he would need for the night. He gave the tables and the booths an extra clean, made sure his back room was locked, and placed coasters on the tables.

The whole time Jungkook aimlessly talked and Hoseok would show he was listening with short simple answers.

"You know what else Hoseok?"

"What?"

"You remind of that guy, his name was Bruno? Yeah, he was a bar tender like you, expect he made portraits of U.S presidents out of whiskey labels. He worked in a newspaper club to."

Hoseok paused for a moment for Jungkooks ramble sounded slightly familiar. Hoseok placed himself back behind the bar as he waited for the pace of costumers to pick up.

"What are you talking about exactly?"

Hoseok smiled as Jungkook rested his chin on the plam of his hands which made his cheeks squish up together.

"I'm talking about the guy from those books, The Cat who books? The Cat who could read backwards and The Cat who could-,"

Hoseok put his hand up to signal that he got the message about the Cat who could books.

"You know those books are why I wanted to become a investigator or whatever. That and all that stuff with my parents and my brother and it's just crazy."

Hoseok had two options here, direct drunk Jungkook to a safer conversation topic or pry into his life.

Hoseok had the chance to do neither due to the fact that Yoongi walked in.

"Hey Hoseok, Jungkook. I just stopped by to ask if you could break two twenties for me, I need some change,"

"Yeah no problem, and ignore Jungkook today he managed to get drunk before he came to the bar,"

Yoongi lets out his raspy laugh and him and Hoseok exchange some bills.

"It's still so weird to see you two together. You guys look like those couples in magazines you know all happy and absolutely disgusting."