Sleepover

I know that you're all expecting part two of 'I guess we both like the smoke' but the urge to write something like this was too hard to pass up

"Just let me be alone for a few minutes"

Jungkook wanted to know when this feeling would pass. His admiration for Hoseok held no end in sight, thinking about this feeling that held no closure for Jungkook made his heart pull in painful directions.

"Jungkook you're going to have to tell me at some point, whatever is bugging you I can help"

Jungkook wanted to shove Hoseok out of the room. Shout and scream that Hoseok really couldn't help him, couldn't do anything to get Jungkook back on his feet. Because Hoseok always managed to knock Jungkook down. All it took was a smile, a gentle touch of their hands, the simplicity that their bond held and Jungkook would fall over and over again.

"Hoseok, I really just need to be alone right now"

They had been dancing in Jungkooks bedroom. At first it was all rough songs with heavy beats. But then the song changed to slow rhythms, graceful words and that reflected in Hoseoks dance.

Jungkook stood frozen mesmerized as Hoseok lost himself to the music. The lights in Jungkooks room giving Hoseoks features colorful tints, his eyes were closed, he looked angelic in every sense of the word.

It did no good for Jungkook to see his friend in such a state. For the very reason that Hoseok was never going to be more than a friend, Hoseok could never be anything more than a friend because Hoseok liked girls.

And Jungkook wasn't a girl.

"Kookie please..."

Jungkook pressed his hands to cover his eyes. He imagined he wasn't there in that moment, that he was in another place. A place where him and Hoseok were in this same room but Hoseok was dancing with him.

Hoseok was laying with him.

Hoseok was kissing his lips once Jungkook fell asleep.

Hoseok was pulling Jungkook closer in the middle of the night.

Hoseok was there in the morning waking Jungkook up with a shower of hugs.

Hoseok was his.

"Hoseok it's, just I feel lonely..."

Bad choice of words. Because in reality Jungkook wasn't alone, he was never alone Hoseok was always with him. Recently Jungkook had felt different.

He knew when Hoseok held his hand it would never convey the same love Jungkook felt, when Hoseok hugged him tightly at the end of the day it would never be with the same passion, Hoseok wasn't going to ever feel the same.

He was never going to be with Jungkook .

"I'm right here you're not alone. You're scaring me Jungkook what's wrong?"

What was Jungkook supposed to say? 'I think I'm in love with you'? Hoseok wouldn't reject him for that, wouldn't make fun of him or look down on Jungkook. But he would pity Jungkook which was worse.

Jungkook was not going to let Hoseok be injected with guilt or pity because of something Jungkook felt.

"It's nothing. Never mind , don't worry about it okay?"

Jungkook watched as Hoseok scoffed, placed his hands on his hips with a look of disbelief written on his face.

"You're acting weird Kookie. Are you tired? Is that it?"

Maybe any other day Jungkook would have said no, he would have pretended that his heart wasn't falling apart like the glass shards of a cracked mirror.

But today Jungkook really just wanted to forgot about that. He just wanted to lay down on his bed, Hoseok next to him, to close his eyes and imagine that other place.

The place where Hoseok loved him back.