56

chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
jack frost nipping at your nose.
yuletide carols being sung by a choir.
and folks dressed up like eskimos.

everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe, helps to make the season bright.

justin
"i'm just saying i think we should spend thanksgiving with my family. i've been around yours so many times." i said, holding the ladder in place while thai put up the lights.

"no offense, but i'm not liking the idea of a white thanksgiving." she said. i laughed shaking my head. "what's that supposed to mean?" i questioned.

she dropped what she was doing and looked down at me. we stared at each other for a minute before laughing. "the thought of unseasoned turkey doesn't really excite me." she clarified.

"thai, my mom knows how to cook." i stated. she didn't respond, instead she fanned me off continuing with the lights. the room was silent. the only think you could hear was the christmas music in the background.

"how about we have thanksgiving with both of our families?" thai asked. i smiled up at her. "you think that'll workout?" i questioned. she nodded her head before coming down the ladder.

"i don't see why not. we'll go to your families first, watch some football, eat some pies, then we'll head over to my grandma's." she said. i smiled grabbing her hips, pulling her closer to me.

"this is our first real holiday together." i said. she smiled, lacing her arms around my neck. "i'm excited." she stated. placing light kisses on my lips, i blushed.

all these months we've been together, and she still manages to make me nervous. "baby, why don't you just move in with me?" i asked. she raised her brow, backing away. "move in?" she asked.

i nodded my head, "yeah. you're here everyday and my closet is full of your clothes." i stated. she put her hair up in a messy bun, sitting down on the couch.

"justin, that's a big step." she stressed. she sighed, sitting back. i raised my brow, walking over to sit next to her. "a big step that i think we're ready to take." i stated.

"why are you deciding for me?" she asked, getting defensive. "i'm not?" i answered, unsure. "if you're ready to take that step then that's cool, but don't decide when i'm ready." she argued.

i was taken back by her sudden attitude, shit came out of nowhere. "just say you don't want to move in with me. there's no need for you to make it sound like i'm controlling." i said.

i got up and walked away. i was now annoyed and bothered by what she had said. i heard her following behind.

i walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle. thai stood there looking annoyed. "justin, i never said you were controlling. you're upset over nothing." she said.

i rolled my eyes, placing the lid on my bottle. "you made it sound like i was making decisions for you, like i was pressuring you or something." i stated calmly.

"no, i didn't. you just took it that way." she defended. i sighed. "whatever thai, just drop it." i said. she laughed shaking her head. "no, we're not dropping it. you've already ruined my mood, might as well finish this off." she stated.

i raised my brow, clenching my jaw. "you caught an attitude over a suggestion. you ruined your own mood, don't put that on me." i said. she rolled her eyes, taking a seat.

"this is stupid." she stated. "oh well, you started it." i said. she scuffed, shaking her head. "you're fighting me like a kid and you expect me to move in with you..." she mumbled, i raise my brow.

"what was that?" i questioned. "you're acting like a kid." she repeated raising her voice a little. "you're scared to move in with me, so you're picking a fight with me to push that idea back." i stated.

"i'm not scared of anything. you're just moving too fast for me." she defended. i sighed, throwing my head back. "then just say that instead of trying to make me feel guilty." i said.

she out of her seat, making her way to me. "i didn't! you're taking everything the wrong way." she defended, her voice was getting a little louder. "thai.." i stressed.

i sighed, wanting this conversation to be over. "quit putting words into my mouth, justin." she said. i leaned over the counter, shutting my eyes.

"your exact words were 'why are you deciding for me'.. was that or was that not what you said?" i asked calmly. "no." she said. "okay, it doesn't matter to me anymore." i said.

"we resolved nothing." she stated. i shrugged my shoulders. "you're not owning up to your shit. there's nothing to resolve." i said. thai sighed, placing her hands on her hips.

"justin, why are you doing this? i don't wanna go on with the rest of the night being like this." she said. "like what?" i questioned. she rolled her eyes, walking away.

i heard the bell ring. "great.." i mumbled. i made my way through the living room, seeing thai slumped on the couch, i didn't pay any mind and continued to make my way to the door.

i saw jeremiah and genesis standing out there, with gifts in their hands. i opened the door, greeting them with fake smiles. "hey guys," i said. i gave genesis a hug, and shook jeremiah's hand.

"where my bitch at?" jeremiah asked. taking his coat off, throwing it on the ground. i raised my brow watching him make his way towards the living room.

"sorry about his stupid ass." genesis apologized, grabbing his coat off the ground. i laughed, taking it from her. "i'm used to it." i said.

"she's in the living room." i said. she nodded her head, walking away. i hung jeremiah's coat grabbing my own.

i grabbed my keys before making my way towards the living room. i saw jeremiah and genesis comforting thai on the couch.

i scuffed, rolling my eyes. the three of them looked up at me. jeremiah with hatred written all over his facial expression. thai didn't wanna look me in the eye.

"just letting y'all know i'm stepping out the house." i said. "mmhm.." jeremiah mumbled. i rolled my eyes, walking off. i needed to get away for a while.

___________