the date

Barry was due any minuet caitlin knew he was going to be late because he's barry if he was on time something would be wrong she checked the time he was 10 minuets late caitlin sighed and text barry.

'Where are you?'

'A round the corner'  barry replied.

Caitlin felt instant butterflies as she waited by the door for barry when there was a nock she jumped up from the sofa and particularly ran to the door she looked barry up and down and smiled "you clean up good Mr. Allen" caitlin flerted and strighted out his jacket "but your still late" she snapped.

Barry was wearing his usual casual but smart clothes and caitlin was wearing a medium length dress. 👇

 👇

"

"I'm so sorry I won't be late next time" barry apolagised Caitlin frowned "what makes you think I will give you another date?" Caitlin said playfully.

Barry looked like he was thinking about it "i don't but I'm gonna take the risk" he anwsered.

Doreen came out and stood next to caitlin and beamed at the young pair "ok so caity you need to be home by 10:30 but if your going to be late call me don't do anything stupid and have fun" said the old woman kissing caitlin's cheek and nodding to barry.

Barry put his arm out to caitlin and she took it and so the date began.
*****
They sat in the restaurant in silance caitlin was quietly eating her food as was Barry he would glance at her often but he couldn't think of anything to say why was that?

"So do you like your food?" Barry asked

"Yeah...do you like yours?"

"Yes" barry responded "so are you looking forward to going back to school?" Barry asked not knowing what to say.

"I guess" caitlin replied

That was the only conversation they had it was safe to say the date went badly.

They would steal awkward glances at ech other of then neither of them knew what to talk about or how to carry on a conversation for more then  5 minuets they decided to skip dessert because dinner was hard enough.

Barry walked caitlin to her door "this was..." barry didn't know how to finish.

"The worst date ever" caitlin mumbled barry laughed lightly "sort of yeah it was just very awkward" he finished

"I think... I think we should just be friends for a while to take the pressure of" caitlin suggested she didn't want to say that but she did and now she couldn't take it back.

Barry was disappointed so was caitlin neither of them wanted to be just friends they wanted to be together to be with each other all the time.

But the universe aparently didn't want them to which sucked!

Caitlin kissed Barry's cheek "I will see you tomorrow" caitlin said softly

Barry nodded and caitlin walked into the cabin "how did it go?" Asked the old woman making caitlin jump.

She frowned "it went awful we couldn't even talk to each other so... so we decided on just being friends" caitlin breathed dissapointed

"But you don't want to be just friends" doreen said knowingly "no of course not I want to be with barry he makes me feel so so happy and I know I just got out of a relationship and I would never usally do anything like this but it's barry... my barry" caitlin sighed

Barry got back to his cabin "your home early" his dad intrupted his thoughts "thats because it was a disaster we couldn't even talk to each other" barry said running his hand through his hair.

"Barry do you want to be with caitlin?" Henry asked. Barry nodded and smiled at the mentioned of her name "why?" He questioned

"Exscuse me?" Barry said in clear confussion.

"Why so you want to be with caitlin snow?" Henry asked

"Because... because I think love her... I know I love her" barry addmitted to his father who smiled proudly

"Then go get the girl barry" harry grinned
♡♡♡♡♡♡
Caitlin sat outside on the swing she needed some time to consider her next move with barry she had a glass of water un her hands and a blanket draped over her shoulders.

Barry came running up the short rode to her cabin when he saw her porch lights on and her silhouette on the porch swing.

He climes the stairs "caitlin" barry said softly ahe shot up and went close to him and smiled "you came back" caitlin whispered.

Barry nodded then took that opportunity to lean in and kiss her it felt like magic for the both of them there skin burning under each others touch when they pulled apart for air there fore heads rested aginst each other "I don't want to be just friends" barry half laughed.

"Me neither do you wanna go get some ice cream?" Caitlin asked

Barry smiled and nodded furiously caitlin let the blanket fall on the swing she knew some how doreen already knew where caitlin was going to be so she took barrys hand and they talked.