being close

Flash back 3 years ago

"Barry I'm cold..." caitlin whined they had gone for a walk along the beach and because it was near the end of summer caitlin was shivering.

"Then stop eating ice cream" he chuckled caitlin gleared at him "Its my time of the month barry so if I were you I would shut up and let me eat my ice cream" caitlin growled in response.

Barry seemed to be thinking about what she had just said you could pin point the exact moment when he understood what she ment because he went a little red hos eyes widened and he just stared at the floor.

Caitlin laughed "barry are you embarrassed" she teased

"No! Of course not why would I be?" He shot back and rolled his eyes at her. "Ok prove it say the word period" she replied effortlessly with a smirk on her face.

Barry went red making caitlin burst out into fits of laughter "oh barry your to easy"

"its not funny!" Barry snapped

She laughed some more "yes it is your face when I said that you went red and everything" barry however didn't find it funny caitlin had manged to embaras him with one simple  sentence.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
"I need to tell you something" caitlin said they were laid on the sand at the beach together barry said it would help her release some stress he wasn't wrong she felt more relaxed then she had been all day.

"What is it?" He asked

"My friend felicity she showed up earlier she just got her car so she thought she would suprise me but..."

"But..." barry drew out the word they both sat up and caitlin squeezed his hand hoping it would make things easier.

"Ronnie came with her he is here there staying in the hotel 10 minuets away from here" caitlin addmitted

Barry's face fell "what...he...Ronnie your ex the one who cheated on you"

"Yeah and he wants to get back together with me I told him no of course I'm yours happy with you. You make me happy"

Barry sighed and pulled her protectively against him "what do you want to do?"

"Just hold me" she chocked

Barry nodded and tighten his arms around her they just sat in silance not saying anything they sat there until the sun set and even when it did they said nothing just enjoyed being with each other at one point v barry was sure caitlin had fellen asleep but he was proved wrong when she righted her gip on his hand.

"We should go back now" he mumered softly then planted a soft kiss on top of her head.

"But I want to stay with you" she replied sleepily.

Barry laughed "come on its getting dark and your tired"

Caitlin groaned but stood up barry gently pulled on her arm she was cleary half asleep.

When they arrived at the cabin caitlin and barry sat on the sofa and watched a movie she laid her head on Barry's lap and he played with her hair after a while he realised she wasn't making funny comments on the movie any more.

She was sleeping barry smiled and gently ran his fingers down his face.

Soon enough he fell asleep as well.

Doreen walked in and smiled at the sight in front of her she didn't want to wake them so she just left them but made sure to call henry first and exsplain why his son wasn't coming home.