Chapter 47

The next morning, enjoying being back home, they slept in longer than usual. They were both emotionally and mentally exhausted from the stress of meeting the parents. Chloe was content, enjoying the gentle stroking of Ashton's hand on her arm and the odd kiss and cuddle.

"Are you happy?" he asked, nuzzling her ear.

"Very happy," she said, giggling. "You?"

"Ecstatic," he stated, laughingly. "You sweet, sweet thing," he said, groping her unapologetically.

"Hey, watch it," she teased. "Don't go getting yourself all worked up."

"Too late," he said, leaning into her.

"You're on your own, mister." She laughed, ignoring his advance.

"Come on, Chloe, there are lots of things we can do in the meantime," he said, undeterred. Taking her hand and placing it on him, he shuddered, feeling her fingers encircling him.

"Yeah, I'm sure there are, but I don't know if I'm in the mood right now," she said jokingly, stroking her fingers over him.

"Don't toy with my... emotions," he gasped as she pleasured him with her hand. "Oh, Chloe, you sweet thing." He held her tight as the pleasure overtook him, kissing her fervently and then sweetly. "Thank you," he whispered, lying back spent.

"You're welcome," Chloe said, smiling to herself. "Tell me something, Ashton."

"Anything."

"Is it as good as you remember it?"

"What?" he asked, not quite understanding her question.

"The sex, is it as good as before when you were... you know back in the good old days?"

"Are you seriously asking me that?"

"Yeah, I want to know. Am I good enough? Do I satisfy you?" she persisted, suddenly serious.

"Chloe, there is no comparison. What we have together is amazing. I just can't get enough of you, only you." he said, stroking her hair.

"You don't think you'll ever want to be with other girls?"

"Why are you asking me that? How can you think that after all we've been through?" he asked, getting annoyed.

"I'm sorry, it's stupid. It's just that you're such a desirable guy and you're going to get offers, especially in your business." She shrugged.

"Ugh, Chloe you're killing me. I thought we were past all this," he said, exasperated. "Where is this coming from?"

"My insecurities, I guess. Forgive me. I truly do believe in you," she said, hoping she hadn't ruined the moment.

"Chloe, please don't doubt me. I couldn't handle that," he said, wrapping his arms around her. "Believe in me, sweetness. Trust me when I tell you that you are all I ever want." He buried his nose in her hair. "I need you to trust me if we're going to survive."

"I do, I really do," she said, relaxing into his embrace.

"Thank you, and I trust you too. Despite all the flirting between you and your buddy, Nick."

"You have nothing to worry about there." She giggled. "He's very sweet but I love you."

"Good, because I don't trust him, not when it comes to you."

"Well, you shouldn't," Chloe said with a smile. "He's very persistent."

"Hmm... am I going to have to kick his ass?" Ashton asked with a serious edge to his voice.