Chapter 6

Y/N pov
When we reached Grian,taurtis and Sam's house, Grian showed me to the guest room. He helped me fill the wardrobe with my clothes and went to get me some food. He was so kind, just like they boy I met do many years ago. When he returned, I said
"This is awfully nice of you Grian, you didn't have to do all this for me.."
"Its ok, we can get to know eachother better now anyway. Oh by the way, when Sam and taurtis are back from school, I'm going to the hospital to get you some crutches. The other two will take good care of you" he told me.
"Thank you so much"

We talked for 2 hours until his friends returned home. He then left to get crutches. Sam and taurtis were really awesome people, but in most aspects, just a little behind Grian on the metaphorical leaderboard. I always position people on my leaderboard in my head. When I was younger I wrote it down, but I had to keep swapping it around so I threw it away.

The boys went to watch Crabflix in Sam's room and left me alone. I remembered how me and my friend had walked around the school grounds for fun one day. The last time I went to visit my uncle and saw the boy, we were the best of friends that you could ever find, and we felt even more about eachother. We were too shy to admit it though. He bought me a locket. It had an indigo heart-shaped diamond in silver casing. I was sure it was what I had seen at the school because I had lost it when walking with my friend all those years ago. I meekly stood up.

Grian pov
On my way back from the hospital with Y/N's crutches, I saw a girl with a bandage on her leg, a bandage with only one signature on it, forcing herself to walk one of the paths at the side of the school, the same path where Y/N fell. The same path were I walked with my friend the last time I saw her.

I didn't have to look for more than 2 seconds to know it was Y/N trying to get what she had seen; the last thing she had said before the ambulance drove away. Y/N's locket.

"Y/N! Be careful!"
I could tell she had heard me but she just bent down and picked up the necklace. She froze. I ran up to her.

"It.." she stuttered.
"It can't be.." I said in disbelief.
In her hands was indeed the locket. On the back it had engraved words: Darling don't be afraid, I have have loved you...
She opened it, one on side were more words:  ...for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.
There was an unmistakable photo on the other side. A picture of a young Y/N and Grian posing for the camera.

"Grian...I didn't...remember.....I thought you were familiar..."
"Y/N....I....so this is...so this is why I felt I knew you....why I felt I had been in your house before..."
Neither of us knew quite what to say. Then we both knew what to say, so much so that we said it in unison; "Because I had.."

"I missed you Grian"
"I missed you too Y/N"
We hugged eachother and cried on the other's shoulders. We never wanted to let eachother go again.
"I have died every day waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more" she half sand, half whispered. We always sang that together. Now it was true. In turn I attempted to sing my part through my tears;
"And all along i believed I would find you, Time had brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more"

"Grian...will you...could we..."
"Y/N, will you be my girlfriend? I love you! I missed you so much!"
"Yes! Of course I will!"