Chapter 8

Y/N pov
After turning on the bathroom taps, I bent down and opened the drawer under the basin. I took out a pure white flannel and held it under the cold water, letting it soak through.  I then squeezed out the excess water and folded it into a small rectangle. It was a bit of a struggle to move around with the crutches but I tried my best. I reached Grian's bedroom and pulled a chair from the corner of the room up to the side of his bed. Putting the flannel on his forehead, I sat down.
I turned on the lamp that sat on his bedside table.
"Need anything else?" I asked.
"Not really.."
"I hope you'll be well in the morning...I brought these from the bathroom cabinet" I held up a bottle of medicine and one of those little spoons that measure the specific amount of medicine.
"Thanks Y/N.." I could tell that he was getting weaker with every second he was awake.
"I'll make you breakfast in the morning Grian, yeah?"
"Yeah...you really are a life saver..." he looked ready to sleep again.
"Let's get you some medicine before you fall asleep" I measured out the correct amount and gave him it.
"I'll sing you to sleep now..."
"Goodnight Y/N.."
"Goodnight Grian"

Grian pov
She sang to me as I fell asleep. She sang songs we always used to know.
"Heart beats fast, colors and promises..
How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?..
But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow...

One step closer..

I have died every day waiting for you..
Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years...
I'll love you for a thousand more...

Time stands still...
Beauty in all she is...
I will be brave, I will not let anything take away who's standing in front of me...
Every breath...
Every hour has come to this..

One step closer...

I have died every day waiting for you...
Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years...
I'll love you for a thousand more..

All along I believed I would find you...
Time has brought your heart to me...
I have loved you for a thousand years...
I'll love you for a thousand more...

One step closer...

One step closer...

I have died every day waiting for you...
Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years...
I'll love you for a thousand years...

All along I believed I would find you...
Time has brought your heart to me....
I have loved you for a thousand years...
I'll love you for a thousand more..."

"Goodnight Grian" Y/N whispered.
She kissed my forehead gently. I would have noticed but I was already sound asleep. Soon, despite being sat on the chair, so was Y/N.