Thoughts

I feel that it would be right to document my thoughts at this turning point in American history, for the benefit of future generations who will be studying Trump's reign of terror.

When I first saw the results, I refreshed the screen at least 1000 times, unable to believe my eyes.

As people often do, I had faith in this country until the very end. I thought that voters would come to their senses before the election- that all the Trump memes and Make America Great Again hats had, after all, been nothing but a long, sick joke.

However, I and many other educated, politically informed people clearly underestimated our stupidity.

It seems that even a great nation exposes its rotten underbelly once in a while. And I use the term great intentionally. Because America is and always has been great. It is a country founded on core values and rights that every human should possess. It is a country centered around freedom and justice for all. I am no idealist to think that this always holds true, but what I do know is that we were strong far before any of us knew the name Donald Trump. We stood tall and faced immeasurable conflict long before the 2016 election season. We are proud Americans- all of us, the Asians, the Latin Americans, and the African Americans- and one man can never take that away from us.

Many of you ask if this account will be continued. It will be more than continued. It will explode. We will scream until our voices go hoarse. We will let the world know that we are not accepting a disgusting, everything-hating man as our leader, and salvage some of our self respect.

See you soon, sensible people of America.

-Saralee