Chapter 2: I Know You

Normal POV

A man in his early twenties walked past the peaceful streets in the town of Hikari. Due to the recent news about a murderer on the loose, the town has been on high alert. No child nor adult was to wander the streets late at night, for fear that they would get snatched, killed, then dumped on the side. The town's police were well alarmed of the situation. Every night, they patrol the area for any dangerous activities. What these fools don't know is that the killer is just living among them. The man walked past by the unsuspecting police car. They never knew what was coming. As the man passed the book store, he noticed a new book release by e one and only, Zaratras Doloris. He took the book and read the contents of its page. It angered him knowing that the great Dreyfus Dooris is dead. As he read the ending of the book, the man smirked at the little information foolishly leaked at the back cover.

"Thus the victim and heroine lived happily ever after..." He closed the book and let out a dark chuckle. "Happily ever after my ass. I guess there's going to be a book 3 in the franchise." The man returned the back right back to its shelf and proceeded to walk away. His first stop, The city of Liones.

*****

Normal POV

The hospital doors open as the nurses get the patient to the operating room. Elizabeth and Meldy ran with them as the movable bed was pushed. The woman's eye sight was blurry but she can still see her surroundings. Her focus was mainly on the silver haired girl. Her face reminded her of Liz. The only thing to make her identical was the magenta hair and they'd be twins.
"Hey you're going to be okay.....just a little longer" Elizabeth assured her. The woman slowly nodded. She was dying from the blood loss. She hopes that she'll be awake later.
A Doctor stopped Meldy and Elizabeth's tracks. They could not go into the operating room.
"Will she be okay?" Asked Meldy.
"She has multiple stab wounds. They're small but still painful. The blood keeps oozing out. There were bruises all over her neck and arms, I'm assuming someone had been abusing her." The girls nodded. "All we need to do is stitch those wounds, apply bandages to the cuts and make a blood transplant to cover the blood loss. If all goes well, she'll be okay." The Doctor explained. That lady's life would be okay. "Good thing you brought her in time. If delayed, she could have died right there in the ambulance." He stated. Elizabeth was thankful that they called on time.
"Might I ask, do you know this woman?"
"No sir. We just found her limping for help in the hiking trail." Elizabeth replied.
"I'll go call the police. If anyone is capable of knowing her identity, it would be them." The Doctor said. The girls nodded before he left.

Later on...

"Some special day this was..." Meldy exhaled deeply. Elizabeth and her were currently in a cafe close to the hospital. The Doctor had thanked them for the call and told them that they can leave any time they want. But Elizabeth was worried. She told the Doctor that she'd want to stick around just to make sure that the lady is okay.
"Yeah...but it was worth it. We saved a life today." Elizabeth feels a sense of justice.
"Yeah you're right. I don't know what would have happened if we didn't get there in time." Meldy admitted. They felt scared and at the same time accomplished of what they've done. "Hey Elizabeth, maybe after this...we can still continue the errands?"
"Okay, but first we should check if the lady is okay." Elizabeth sipped on her tea.
"I hope she's okay though."
"Yeah..me too." The girls sat in the cafe enjoying their tea in silence.

Elizabeth's POV

We went back in the hospital, the Doctor gave us some good news. The lady was out of surgery. There was nothing else wrong. The blood donation adjusted to her stream of blood so it went well. But the lady was in a coma for now. We don't know when she will wake up though.
"What she needs right now is rest. The abuse was too much for her body to handle." I was now talking to a new Doctor. I mean, a familiar Doctor.
"Thank you for informing us, Dr. Dana." Meldy felt relieved that the lady wasn't dying.
"I'm glad she's okay. We just saved a life Elizabeth. Do you know what that means?" Meldy said excitedly.
"No..is there suppose to be a hidden meaning?"
"Yes. I read a story once about a girl who was about to get married, she helped an old widow. On the day of her wedding day, the bride was about to be poisoned but it never happened. The next day, the old lady told her that because of her kindness, the bad omen never hurt her. That's what's happening to you right now. Good luck is coming your way." Meldy held that positive thought. Now that I think about it, maybe good luck will come my way.
All I could do was smile. "I guess you are right."