Chapter 6: In His Weakest State

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Starting CH6, we're gonna take a lot of twist and turns for Grimooris. There will be a lot of hidden meaning just like NNT:  A FACADE LOVE FOR ME. It's similar to how I write the chapters there so be on a look out for the TWISTEDS in this chapter XD

Enjoy everyone!

Normal POV

Night Time...

The sound of the helicopter propeller was evident in the air. The Sins had gathered at the extraction point. Escanor had permission to land at the Airport. Everyone had gathered a distance from the landing site. In an aerial point of view, these six sins looked badass just by posing. The plane landed and turned of its engine. Out came a man wearing a pilot attire. He took off his helmet and revealed to the others his very familiar features.
"Captain!" Escanor arrived at the scene. He and Meliodas did a brotherly pat on the back.
"It's so good to see you again, Captain."
"I haven't seen you in forever Escanor. I'm glad you could join us." Meliodas smirked.
"It's the least I can do after not being there for you last year and for not being there during your engagement party." At the mention of engagement, Meliodas frowned again. Escanor patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, we'll get Elizabeth back." He assured him. With a 'Go' signal, every boarded the helicopter. Their destination was the town of Byron which was five towns from where Liones stood.

*****

The helicopter ride to Byron town took about 3 hours to travel. Nobody could properly hear themselves nor their seat mate due to the noise of the engine , so Meliodas thought of telling their plan after they arrived at Byron. Ban diverted his gaze to the side to see Meliodas glaring at the sky. His fists were clenched as he did so. He didn't like seeing Captain in this stage. This happened before, where Meliodas goes Demonic for a legit reason. He never wants to see that side of Meliodas again. But with Griamore pushing his buttons, this rescue mission is not gonna end well for Griamore if they ever catch him.

30 minutes later....

The gang had finally arrived at Byron Town. This place can't be called a town because it was massive. The twin resided on an island 4 hours away from where Liones was. The streets were filled with colorful lights and lined with booths. It was like a trade fair with hundreds of merchants on the sidewalk selling all times of items from house supplies, clothing, kitchenware,  to garden tools , to pottery and even accessories.
"Wow..this place is so cool!" Diane's eyes sparkled in delight.
"Remember Diane, we're not here to go shopping." Merlin reminded.
"Oh..right, we're going to find Elizabeth. I must stay focused." She did a fist pump to herself.
"The best thing to do is to split up by teams or maybe one of you would like to go solo." Merlin turned to everyone. Escanor had just came back from the motel.
"Okay everyone, our bags are in our rooms, and we have 4 hours till 11pm curfew time." Escanor notified everyone.
"I think 4 hours is enough for us to do a lot of detective work." King threw his arms around his head.
"There's a 90% chance that we will encounter someone today." Says Gowther.
"Heh...4 hours? I can go with just 1 hour." Ban was very confident.
"I'm taking King with me.....this place is too big and I am not good with navigation..." Diane looked at King. He blushed but covered it.
"M..me? O..okay..." He did a shirt victory dance in his mind.
"Alright then. Let's split up. Diane and King, Gowther and I, Escanor and Ban; and......." Merlin turned to see Meliodas wasn't around anymore.
"Captain left moments ago...I didn't dare stop him." Ban told everyone.
"That was quick. Okay, let's go find clues....and remember everyone, we do this Seven Deadly Sins  Style.." The way Merlin said the last words sounded deadly. Her voice turned dark along so her expression. The look on everyone's faces showed that they were not gonna show any mercy.