A VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL Chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This was inspired by a very cute and short story that I once read. So I'll just twist some of the events into a one-shot.

1 Year Ago...

February 14th...

Normal POV

Season of love was here. Elizabeth was super excited as to what Meliodas was planning for them tonight. He didn't say what but Elizabeth will bet that it will be the best Valnetines ever. While waiting, she was doing some general cleaning in her room. There were tons of stuff that has been kept in the attic that the 3 Liones siblings thought that it was best to do a garage sale. Elizabeth agreed so the took out the junk to their front yard. While Elizabeth was carrying the last boxes, she noticed a very familiar miniature treasure chest displayed outside. The sight of the box made a memory flash right into her mind. For that single memory, Elizabeth sprang into action.

"Margarett, don't sell that!" Elizabeth got in front of the box and guarded it with her body.
"Okay okay..sheesh, you're all jumpy..." Margarett had her hands raised in surrender.
"Eli, why do you still keep that box? Those are just some junk from your childhood." Veronica came out with boxes.
"I know....it's junk from MY childhood so no. I'm taking this back..." Elizabeth took the treasure chest back to her room. It wasn't too heavy so she managed.

"I wonder what's inside that chest?" Margarett asked Veronica.
"Pfft...probably lots of Elizabeth's embarrassing moments.." Veronica giggled as she continued to help set out the garage sale. "Hey Mar, shouldn't you be getting ready for yours and Gil's date tonight?"
"Yeah, I guess you're right. But there a lot of stuff here so I'll stick around to help a bit." She answered.
"Okay, don't overdo it okay? You need to look pretty for Gil.." Veronica teased.
"What about you? No date tonight?" Margarett tried to change the subject seeing as though her face lighting pink.
"Nope..not yet. Though I have received gifts and greetings from the guys back at America but nothing more than that." The Liones sisters continued their chat as they worked away.

Elizabeth on the other hand disassembled her clean room just to find the key to that chest. She finally found it after about an hour of looking through. "I hope they are still here...." She blushed in excitement.

Meanwhile....

Meliodas was scratching his head as he stared at the clear blue sky. This was hardest decision he has ever made. It was Valentine's Day and still he has no idea what to give nor do for Elizabeth. This was their first Valentine's and he wanted it to be special. He had a lot of options to choose from yet he choose neither of them.

Roses were too common. So are chocolates, simple dates and teddy bears. Heart shaped balloons were too simple, so is taking her out on a fancy dinner. Meliodas crossed his arms while while now watching the passing couples in the park. Everyone was enjoying their day out with their partners. Couples were sprawled around having their picnic. Elderly people held hands as they took a stroll. Meliodas thought of walking around town to get some inspiration as to what to do. Nothing seemed to catch his attention. Clubbing was out of the question, movies were too cliche, picnic sounds too plain, riding boats in the park sounded common too. Meliodas sighed as he had no idea what to do. He only has about 6 hours left to come up with the perfect Valentines gift for Elizabeth.

"Everything is too common..." He said out loud. Meliodas was so distracted by his problem that he didn't realize that he was now walking out of  the city and into the older version of the place.  His eyes went wide when he saw the scenery. This part of the city use to be very crowded years ago until the new stores in the main road opened up. Now, only less people visit this place. Meliodas had a smile crept  up to his face. He walked down the old streets looking around. The shops and small eateries he once go to are still up and running.