Chapter 10: Brothers-Twins-Nephew

Flashback...

1 year ago...

Normal POV

Nightfall came. The forest was much spookier at night where the demons of the dark come out to play. Elizabeth feels as though there were millions of eyes watching her everywhere. It was now or never, they were going to rescue Meliodas tonight so Elizabeth inhaled and exhaled to get a grip.
"We'll be fine...I just know it..." Elaine said to herself . Elizabeth smiled at her bravery even though she knows Elaine is shaking in fear.
"Elaine, why did you come after us?"
"I don't like being left out. We were the first to discover this kidnapping. I will not sit on the sidelines and watch as you guys hog all of the adventure." Elaine crossed her arms. "Besides, this will be the best practice mission I've ever encountered. I could add this experience in my resume when I apply for the job." Elaine gave a thumbs up. Elizabeth forgot that Elaine is the Valedictorian of the Criminology department. Obviously she would know how to deal with situations like this.

"We're here girls." Zaratras stopped. Everyone hid behind thick bushes. From a far, they can properly see the mansion. It seems that the living room windows are glowing. " Dooris is in there alright. The candle lit says it all." Zaratras turned to the girls. "You know the plan right? Find him as fast as you can." Zaratras reminded them.
"Right." The two nodded in response. Zaratras went out in the open.
"I hope this works." Says Elaine.

Zaratras stood wide and open in front of the Mansion's front porch. This was it. "Dreyfus!!!!!!.....come out right this instant!" Zaratras screamed at the top of his lungs. The girls readied themselves for the next step. They waited for about 2 minutes until they heard the front door open. Elizabeth's heartbeat picked up as she watch the person come out of the door. Dooris wasn't wearing his oversized fur jacket anymore. With the lit candle stick he was holding, everyone could properly see his appearance. He was currently wearing a plain white polo shirt. It was okay until there were blood stains everywhere. His face was covered in tiny droplets of blood. His hands were covered with blood. Dreyfus was definitely a sadistic person. Elizabeth tried not to vomit at the sight.
"Hello....brother......" The way Dreyfus said it, sounded gentle and loving. Even with a twisted mind, Dreyfus has some heart in him.
"Dreyfus....." Zaratras took step towards him. Dreyfus instantly backed away. His whole expression changed in a second
"What are you doing here? Did you bring the cops?...huh?...did you?!" Dreyfus was acting crazy like everything around him was a threat.
"Dreyfus..easy now, calm down. I'm here to take you back...." Zaratras slowly advances towards him with baby steps. Dreyfus took another step backward.
"I know what you're doing.....you want me spend my time with..with those...doctors huh?....huh?!!!!" Dreyfus backed away from Zaratras. "It's not my fault! It's that whore of a mother.......she's at fault here!" Dreyfus started crying. Elaine wondered if he was bipolar.
"Calm down brother. I know it's not your fault. I know you're telling the truth.....I've been with you all our life. We grew up together..I know it's all Mother's fault....." Zaratras tried to reach out to him so he could touch his hand. Dreyfus saw this and flinched. He took out a sharp pocket knife and slashed Zaratras' arm. Zaratras clutched his stinging arm. Blood spilled at the large cut. Instantly, Dreyfus' expression turned into worry.
"B...b..brother.....I'm sorry...I didn't mean it...." Now Dreyfus was the one advancing closer to Zaratras.
"You need more help than I thought..............I'm getting the police." Zaratras started running to the other direction.
"Zaratras!!!!" Dreyfus started running after him.

Elizabeth and Elaine waited for a moment for the two to run out of sight. Once they were gone, the two sprang into action. "Ikuso Elaine!" The girls ran in the house at full speed.