Chapter 14: I Have Nothing

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This is final chapter. The Epilogue will follow soon along with the teaser to the Book 3 Alternate ending.

Elizabeth's POV

I hugged my pillow tight. Nothing lasts forever they said. Happiness will always have its darkness at times. And that was today. I was ready for the bad news but I wasn't ready to accept it. I had to force myself to accept it. The pain was too much for Meliodas to handle....and so,

He walked away.

I don't know what he feels or what he's thinking. All I know is that, he left me. Why did he do that? Where did all the love go? What happened to 'loving you' and 'I'm here for you' sentences and feelings stated a while ago? Did they meant nothing right now? If it's painful for Meliodas, it's much painful for me.

I have nothing on me.
I lost my freedom
my sense of thinking
my hopes
my dreams
My dignity
My innocence....

And now this...

It was bad enough for him to know that I was raped, kidnapped, tortured, and abused. But it was worse when finding out that I was raped over and over by Griamore. He was furious, Meliodas didn't even look at me. But worst of all....

.......finding out that I was BARREN.......

Meliodas left me. Dr. Dana didn't want to stick around for the aftermath. He let me have my moments of peace. I hugged myself to a tight ball. The blankets covered my whole body, I felt cold, weak, broken....and alone..........but most importantly, I felt worthless. The one thing that I could give to Meliodas after all of this, when Griamore took everything from me,

I thought I could give Meliodas a child..........a family

But that wasn't gonna happen. Only a miracle can save me from this twisted reality. My heart is aching from my loss. Different scenarios played in my mind. Did Meliodas only love me for my virginity? Was he going to leave me now that I had nothing for him? Was everything he said just a big fat lie? I don't know anymore....I don't know anymore......it's too much.

"Elizabeth!" Margaret and Veronica arrived just in time to see me cry. I heard them saying that they were glad I was awake. Even Father hugged me, he didn't loose a daughter after all. Meldy, Zeldris, and Estarossa came inside too. Everyone was relieved that I'm okay but I wasn't paying attention to their words. My mind was too consumed of how I felt that ........I blacked out twice.
*****

Normal POV

"Captain..." Ban whispered as he watched Meliodas hurt himself over and over. The other sins were there at the scene just watching him mercilessly punching the tree left and right. Apparently, Escanor owns a property in Liones City. He let Meliodas blow off steam in his indoor forest.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He kept charging at the tree, punching it left and right. Meliodas stepped back and charged at it again using on his arm, the one that was burnt,He slammed against the trunk. Meliodas clutched his aching arm. The pain of  of the burning ceramic couldn't compare to the pain he had inflicted upon himself and Elizabeth.

"Captain..." Diane was gonna stop him but Ban forbid it. He grabbed her arm and gripped it tight.
"Ban, this is not healthy! Stop him!" Diane grew mad.
"I can if I knew how. If Captain is like this, he'll stop when he feels it's enough." He glared at Diane.
"Diane....let's leave him for now...." King out a hand on her shoulder. "He needs space."
"Everyone, let's head inside. I've got some imported beer.." Escanor tried to lighten up the mood.
"I could use a beer right now." Merlin was first to head inside. "Gowther?"
"I would like to try this imported beer you speak of, Escanor." He was at Merlin's side already.
"Let's go, Diane..."
"Okay..." Diane frowned. She followed King, away from the destruction. Once everyone left, only Meliodas and Ban wherein the field.
"Hey Captain..." Ban went near but Meliodas turned to his direction and have him a death glare. Meliodas was breathing heavily. Ban could see the cuts and bruises forming on his knuckles. Blood dripping on his other arm. "Look, Elizabeth does not want to see you like this...so stop..." He crossed that line. Just the mention of Elizabeth made Meliodas project a vision of her crying. He gritted his teeth and went over to Ban.
Ban did not move a muscle as Meliodas gripped his collar, bringing Ban's face close to his. "Hit a nerve did I?" Ban taunted. Meliodas kept on gripping his shirt. "There are other ways to escape problems....but hurting yourself is a big No." Meliodas' grip weakened as the aftermath of all his strikes took affect on him.