Chapter 3: I Got You

Normal POV

Hours later.....

Night time in the city of Liones. Meliodas and Caine didn't hesitate to drive straight to the hospital. The nurse's call of a woman who knew the whereabouts of Liz got Caine on the edge. The news didn't really affect Meliodas. He is not doing this for her, he was doing this Caine. Meliodas even thought that life would even be better if Liz stayed lost for now. He did not want any distractions for his upcoming wedding. Meliodas knows how much Caine cares for Liz. She is practically a daughter to him. Meliodas will just have to go with the flow and after this rescue mission, he'll be back home cuddling with his fiance. The sooner this search party is done, the better.

The two had finally arrived at the hospital where they were met by Dr. Dana waiting at the entrance. "Meliodas...." he acknowledged. Ever since the incident a year ago, Mleiodas has been one of Dr. Dana's unforgettable patients.
"Dr. Dana, where is she?" Meliodas questioned. Dr. Dana knows who they were talking about.
"She is..but there's a slight problem."
"what's that?"
"The patient has gone into shock. She's in a trance, talking to herself as if someone is with her at the moment. She would lash out at the nurses who dare come near her." Says Dr. Dana.
"I'll go try and talk to her—"
"No Caine. I'll go. If she's gonna lash out at anyone, it might as well be me. I can handle her." Meliodas stopped him. He is the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins. Meliodas has handled far worse situations than this, minus him being kidnapped.
"very well... right this way." Dr. Dana gestured them to follow him.

*****

Meliodas and Caine stood right outside of the mysterious woman's room. "stay here..I'll call you when it's over." Caine nodded. Meliodas turned the handle and went in. There wasn't anyone in the room until his eyes landed on the woman at the far end of the corner. Her body was facing the wall. She wrapped her arms around her herself and curled into a ball. She was shivering.

"he's here...he's here.....he is not gonna get me......he's not gonna get me..." the woman rocked herself back and forth. Dr. Dana was right, she was stuck in her own little world.
"hello?"
It was like the Exorcist movie came to a reality because when Meliodas called out, the woman automatically turned her head in a weird angle. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. The horror that Meliodas just witnessed made him swallow a lump in his throat.
"get away from me..." she growled.
"It's okay...I'm not gonna hurt you...." Meliodas came closer to her. The woman backed away on the wall.
"Stay back! Stay away!" she use dher legs to keep him far from her.
"I'm here to help you. I'm a friend of Elizabeth Amity....." Meliodas didn't like calling Liz a 'friend' but he needed answers.
"Eliz..zabeth..." she whispered. The woman calmed down a bit. Meliodas stretched out his hand. He waited for her to hold it. The woman reached out and took hold of his hand symbolizing her trust on him. "there......see? you can trust me. I won't hurt you...." the woman pulled Meliodas in for a hug. She has never felt warmth like this in a long time. The woman cried into his chest."There..there....you're safe now...nobody is gonna hurt you here..." Meliodas cooed. He noticed that the woman's hand was bleeding. She ripped her IV cord a while ago. Meliodas carried the woman bridal style from the floor and back to her bed. He may be a kid at appearance but his strength is that of a fully grown man.
"there we go...better now?" he placed her back on the bed.
"thank you...thank you........thank you....." she started crying all of a sudden.
"you are very much welcome........." Meliodas gave her a toothy grin.

*****

The familiar scenery of the woods caught my attention. I don't remember passing the woods for a short cut to the hospital. The car I was in was speeding up.
"Excuse me, but I think we're going the wrong direction." I told the driver.
"Funny, because I believe we are going in the right direction." He answered.
"I was supposed to go to the hospital." I mentioned to him like after I got in the cab.
"I am taking you to the hospital...." He answered yet again. The city was no longer in view, we were now driving out of the city.
"I told you we are going the wrong wa---" I stopped talking once I realized that he was pointing a gun at my face. My breathing picked up and I couldn't move. What's going on?
"I'm taking you to the hospital Elizabeth....." How does he know my name? I'm speechless. Without warning, the man used the bottom of the gun to band my head, knocking me out by the force. My mind went blank as I try to stay awake. The last words I heard him say was..
"Don't worry. I am taking you to a hospital........a Mental Hospital....." He chuckled. That was all it was before my whole world turned black.