Chapter 7: Keep Your Enemies Close But Your Friends Closer

AUTHOR'S NOTE

It's 2 FOR 1 week! That's right! I posted 2 chapter under 1 week of The Grimooris. Chapter 6 was too cliff hanger style so I thought of adding another one. This time, the cliff hanger doubles XD  I'm that evil hahahah!
Anyways, Continue to spot the twisteds hidden along the chapters! Enjoy everyone!

Normal POV

2:00 AM at  The City of Liones...

Gilthunder couldn't sleep due to the misfortune that's been happening recently. He worries for Maragret's well being. She, Veronica and Sir Baltra have had sleepless nights since Elizabeth's kidnapping. He wished he could do more but like his Father said, he has done enough. Finding out that the package was delivered from Byron Town was Gil's contribution to this search party. He was proud to have helped but he wished that he could do more. Gilthunder descended down the stairs from his room to the living room. He froze when he heard his Father's yells of anger and concern. He walked slowly towards where he was. Gilthunder only overheard the last part of the conversation.

"Alright... I'll do it but promise me..." He said to the person on the other Side of the line. Whatever the person replied back made Zaratras gripped the cellphone tight but let his grip loose. Gilthunder assumed that his friend on the other line hanged up.
"Dad, Is everything okay?"
Zaratras was startled. He sighed deeply and rubbed his forehead. "I'm okay Gilthunder."
"Who was that you were talking to?"
Zaratras clenched his first then unclenched it. "Just some business with the books I released a weak ago. Nothing too serious, just some fake copies spread everywhere. Don't worry, the police is on the case..." Zaratras adjusted his tie. He was sweating as he did. Gil went to the kitchen and made his dad some coffee.
"Dad, are you okay? You look stressed." Gilthunder asked as he put the cup on the coffee table.
"You could say that.....with everything happening, I just don't know what to do at this point..." Zaratras was in deep thought. Now he has to face life, death and his friends.
"I know Meliodas and the Sins will save Elizabeth. I believe in the,...you should too." Says Gil. Zaratras looked at his son for a moment and frowned.
"I do believe in them Gil..." Zaratras admitted. Gilthunder nodded before standing up and heading back upstairs. These two were currently house sitting Meliodas' Boar Hat bar while they were away.
"Goodnight dad. I'll see you in the morning." He ascended back to the stairs.

It took about 30 minutes for Zaratras to make a decision. He knew what he had to do at this point. Zaratras will take the risk. He stood up and took his coat and car keys. Gilthunder was fast asleep so it was an easy get away fro Zaratras. He drove back to the place where he once called home. "I do believe in them Gilthunder,......but...........it's not enough, I'm taking matters to my own hands..." Zaratras said to himself as he gripped the steering wheel tight before flooring it to the next town............the Town Of Hikari.

*****

A trail of blood was left on the floor for Meliodas to see. The walls were tainted with dry blood. This scene was similar to his experience a year ago. There was coughing heard in the room. Meliodas walked over to the sound. When he did, he saw the person who he has missed for so long.
"E...Elizabeth...." He scooped her in his arms and hugged her tight. The mortified expression he made as he looked at her damage body. Meliodas gritted his teeth. Griamore did this. Meliodas was clouded by hate.
"M...Meliodas...." Elizabeth said in a hoarse voice.
"Elizabeth...I'm here, I'm gonna get you out of here....I will...." Meliodas' voice was breaking. He was silently crying. The small tears escaped his eyes.
"Meliodas....I'm ..glad......I was able...t..to see you again.....even if it....it's just....a..d..dream..." Elizabeth coughed.
"You'll see me...soon....just hold on tight okay?" He begged her.
"Meliodas.....I...I want to ..t...to..s...sleep......" Elizabeth was so tired from the abuse. "B..but.....I..if you could s..survive.....f..five months....t..trapped ...t..then...I can...s..survive....a w..whole..y..year.....r..right?" In her dying state, Elizabeth still managed to smile for him.
"Elizabeth.....I'll save you I will....I will...." His words were useless seeing as though Elizabeth's eyes closed. Her body started dispelling into dust. Meliodas tried to grip the dust to get her back but the world around him collapsed. Elizabeth had disappeared. There was nothing but darkness until he heard Elizabeth's screams of pain along with Griamore's sadistic laughs. With a flash of red light, Meliodas could clearly see Elizabeth's feet being burned alive as she was laid on the concerte floor. Griamore pouring a bucket of hot ceramic to petrify her. That was the last image he saw before the world lit up.

Meliodas POV

8:00 Am at Byron Town...

"Elizabeth!" I woke up sweating. My hands were shaking and my vision was blurry. My dream felt so real. No, that's was Elizabeth's dream calling to me. I'm wasting time here sleeping while Elizabeth is out there about to die. Fuck sleep, I'm going after my bride!
Looking around, my room mates, Ban, King, Gowther, and Escanor were nowhere to be found. I checked the time to find out that it was past 8:00 Am. When I got out of the motel, everybody was waiting at the lobby. They were dressed up and ready to go.
"Finally, I thought you'd never wake up." Ban joked. I wasn't in the mood for games.
"Good morning Captain.." Merlin smirked.
"Good morning. What are we waiting for? Let's go find this Ceramic Factory." No time for talking. I need to find Elizabeth, fast. Leading the team outside, I found Escanor leaning against a black van's door.
"Hop in. I booked us rental van for the time being." I patted his shoulder for a job well done. Everyone got in the passenger's seat while I was on front with Escanor.
"Oh and Captain..." Escanor said as Something was thrown towards me which I caught on time. It was an apple. "Breakfast...." The way everyone looked at me was determination. They were pumped up for this mission and I couldn't be more proud to see the gang committed to such a task.
"Let's go!" Escanor stepped on the gas.

Griamore, wherever you are, you wish you were never born. Because I'm going to show you how demonic I can be. You'll know soon how to never mess with the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins.

*****

Morning at The Town Of Hikari...

Zaratras parked beside the road in the outskirts of Hikari Town. He continued of foot. These familiar trees and trail marks brought him memories of last year. He kept on walking up the steep hill until another dirt trail was seen. He followed the track and glared darkly at the abandoned house where he once lived.

The Dooris House....

It's cracked Windows, broken walls, termite infested wood, bloody hallways, cricketing floor way and cold chain seals were still the same like last time. He went in with only a flashlight on. He tore away the pesky 'Do Not Enter' police tapes as he continued walking down further into the basement. He arrived at the metal door where Meliodas was once held captive. He went in ignoring the insects and bats occupying the area. Pushing the broken bed and opening the luggage bag, he descended down the stairs inside the bag and walked out of the tunnel leading down stream.

Now, Zaratras stood infront of the SAFE HOUSE where Meliodas was tortured to death. He smirked when he opened the metal door from the chains wrapped around it.

"You're gonna see your son soon, Dreyfus....."